The Third Installment

Well. After almost a year, the third book of the Chasing Gold series is finally in the works. I got incredibly busy and lost ideas for the third book. But, I got back into it.

I started writing the third book before the 2023 World Cup started. Obviously, it did not end the way a lot of us hoped for for the United States Women's National Team. However, I couldn't be more proud of them. Although, from our points of view, they didn't play well, I still love them all no matter what and I know they did everything they could. I can't wait until they are here in the States, Canada, and Mexico for the 2027 World Cup. Hopefully, we have a better coach by then and a team with a chip on their shoulders.

I am so incredibly happy for teams playing their first games in the World Cup. Welcome! Haiti, Morocco (what an incredible run too), Panama, Philippines, Portugal (people underestimated you, however, I did not), Republic of Ireland, Vietnam, and Zambia. Hats off to the New Zealand Football Ferns for their first ever win at a World Cup (Ali Riley you are amazing and I love you)! To Nigeria for the first ever African country win at a World Cup! Congratulations to Marta on an incredible, record breaking career! Colombia for literally stealing my heart with how amazing you played and aiding in knocking Germany out. To Japan and its fans for showing so much love for the game and cleaning up the stadiums per tradition. Congratulations to Australia for winning the longest penalty shootout in World Cup history (men's and women's). To Brazil, France, Canada, Costa Rica, China, Italy, Argentina, South Africa, Jamaica, Denmark, Norway, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands and Korea Republic. And, finally, to the United States. Even after every group stage game, I believed. During the Sweden game, although I thought I was going to have a heart attack a billion different times, I believed. When Andi made the first pk, I believed. How we lost was such a gut punch. It could have been over quickly with Sweden putting it cleanly into the goal but it had to happen like that. Alyssa had to save it twice and even then it didn't matter. I still can't see the gap between the ball and goal line. But, I believed then and I still believe now. We will be back. I have no doubt about that. And we'll be stronger than ever.

Thank you Megan Rapinoe for your resilience on and off the pitch. You are a true legend and no one will ever replace you. Thank you 15. Thank you P.

Now, on to the third book: Chasing Gold: World Cup Part II

Summary:

Tobin and Alex are happier as ever as they welcome their new lives as wives and soon to be parents, as Andy builds and mends her relationships.

The USWNT grows closer and closer to the next World Cup but teams still battle in the NWSL. San Diego looks to make history and become champions in their inaugural season. Will San Diego win it all? Will the USWNT win again? Or will they crumble? Is the dynasty over?

People retire, new kids come in, lives and careers change.

What happens when everything does change?