Chapter 18

Tobin knocked on Alex and Andy's door. Alex opened the door. "Hey, babe." Tobin leaned in and kissed her.

"Hi." Alex said. "So. Are we really doing this?" Tobin and Andy nodded.

"I mean it would be only fitting." Andy said. "You guys are my moms. My last name is "Morgan-Heath". It seems fitting that my moms have my last name too. I just wish your fans had a proper send-off of your last names." Tobin and Alex exchanged a look.

"Well. Maybe they should." Tobin said. Andy gave her a confused look. "Ok. Let's say we beat Sweden and go on to play the final." Alex and Andy nodded. "We could have the Sweden game be the last time we wear "Heath" and "Morgan". Then we have the final be the game we debut in our "Morgan-Heath" jerseys. Or, again, say we beat Sweden, have the final be the last time we wear "Heath" and "Morgan"."

"I think you should have the final, assuming we beat Sweden, be the last game. You know? The Final? The final time you wear the names?" Andy suggested. Alex and Tobin nodded.

"I like that plan." Alex said.

"Should we talk to Jill?" Tobin asked. "I mean, legally, our last names are "Morgan-Heath". So we should have our jerseys be right."

"Yeah. Let's go talk to Jill." Alex said. Tobin and Andy nodded.

"Do you want me to come with you guys? My name is already on my jersey. I don't need to change it." Andy said.

"No. Yeah, I guess you don't need to come with." Tobin said. Andy nodded. "Ok. We'll see you soon."

"Sounds good." Andy said.

Tobin and Alex headed out of the room and down the hall to Jill's. Tobin knocked on the door. Jill opened the door. "Hello, ladies. What can I do for you?" Jill asked.

"Hey, coach. Um. We'd like to talk to you about our jerseys." Tobin said. Jill nodded and invited them in.

"Ok. What about them?" Jill asked.

"Well. It's not the jerseys per se but what is on them. Our last names to be exact." Alex said. Jill nodded. "We would like to change the last names on our jerseys. We'll finish the Olympics with "Morgan" and "Heath" on the back but after that, we want to have "Morgan-Heath" on the back of both of our jerseys." Jill nodded again.

"We know that Andy has "Morgan-Heath" on the back of her jersey and it will be confusing if Alex has "A. Morgan-Heath" on the back so Andy is going to change hers to "A. L. Morgan-Heath". But that's after the Olympics when we have our jerseys changed." Tobin said. "So coach. What do you think?" Jill nodded.

"Let's make it happen. I'm glad you ladies came to me about this. I'm excited for you." Jill said. Tobin and Alex smiled.

"Thank you, coach. We really appreciate it." Tobin said.

Alex and Tobin left Jill's room with smiles plastered on their faces.

*****

The teams lined up for the national anthems in the semi-final game of the United States vs Sweden. The United States starting lineup was as follows:

Mal Pugh
Megan Rapinoe
Andy Morgan-Heath
Theo O'Hara
Julie Johnston
Lindsey Horan
Ali Krieger
Kelley O'Hara
Emily Sonnett
Becky Sauerbrunn
Hope Solo

Andy was excited and nervous to start but as the Sweden national anthem finished up, she did her best to shove her nerves deep down. Andy was upset that she was starting with Theo. She just didn't want to be around the girl. She was still upset with her because who wouldn't be? But on the other hand, she was happy for her. That she was getting recognized for being the player she is.