Chapter 6

Andy and Theo were added to the USWNT Olympic Qualifiers roster. As one of the three teams in the region with Canada and Mexico, they qualified for the CONCACAF Women's Olympic Qualifying. All three teams automatically qualify. There is a total of 2 groups with four countries in each group. The top two teams for each group would go on to the semi-finals. The top teams from both groups will play the other groups 2nd place team. The USWNT was in Group A with Costa Rica, Haiti, and Panama. Group B was Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, and Saint Kitts and Nevis. The winner and 2nd place would qualify for the Olympics.

Costa Rica would beat Panama 6-1 and Haiti 2-0. Haiti would beat Panama 6-0. The United States would beat Costa Rica 6-0, Panama 8-0 and Haiti 4-0 to put them at the top of Group A. The United States and Costa Rica would advance to the knockout stage. Mexico would beat Jamaica 1-0 and Saint Kitts and Nevis 6-0. Jamaica would beat Saint Kitts and Nevis 7-0. Canada would beat Mexico 2-0, Jamaica 9-0, and Saint Kitts and Nevis 11-0 to put them at the top of Group B. Canada and Mexico would advance to the knockout stage.

MAY 28TH - UNITED STATES VS HAITI
Andy and Theo walked into the locker room side by side, wanting to experience the first time they saw their jerseys hanging up, together. When they walked into the room, the uniforms were all neatly placed in the cubbies. Theo saw her jersey and touched it gently. She smiled wide and sat down and began to get ready.

When Andy saw her jersey, she felt tears brimming to her eyes. She willed herself not to cry and touched the jersey gently. She sat down and began to get ready, not believing that she finally made it to where she wanted to be.

Andy and Theo would not receive their first caps tonight but they would cheer on their moms who would earn the 4-0 win against Haiti.

MAY 31ST - UNITED STATES VS PANAMA
"Ok ladies!" Jill said. "Listen up. I've got the starting lineup!" Everyone settled down and turned their attention toward Jill. "Hope in goal today. Dahlkemper, O'Hara, Dunn, Sonnett on defense, Horan, Moe, Kristie at mid, and Pinoe, Pressy, and Mal at forward." Everyone nodded and smiled and finished breakfast before getting ready for the game.

Andy got on the bus and sat with Theo. They both had their headphones in but held hands, letting the other know that they were always there. They arrived at the stadium and unloaded from the bus and headed toward the locker rooms. For the second time, Andy and Theo saw their jerseys hung up and still could've believe it. They were playing for the United States Women's National Team. Not many get to have the pleasure in their lifetime and the two were grateful. Theo was ready first and headed out with her moms to warm up. Once Andy was ready, she headed over to Tobin and poked her boot with Tobin's.

"Hey, kiddo. Ready?" Tobin asked. Andy nodded. "Ok. Let's go get your mama." They went to get Alex and the forward was just tying her last boot. "Hey, babe. You ready?" Tobin asked Alex. Alex looked up at her and Andy.

"Yep," Alex said. She got up and the three walked out of the room and towards the field to get ready.

*****

It was the 56th minute. The United States was only up 1-0 because of an early goal from Press in the 2nd minute. Jill weighed her options and finally figured out what was best. "Tobin! Alex!" She called out. "Get warmed up!" The two nodded and started getting ready. Soon after, Tobin and Alex were at midfield, waiting to be subbed in for Pinoe and Mal. Within the first five minutes of the two being on, Tobin managed to get the lead up 2-0 with a goal of her own off an assist from no one other than her fiancé. Jill wasn't completely satisfied with how her team was playing. She sensed fatigue so she weighed her options again. "Andy! Theo!" She turned towards the two young ones. They snapped their heads towards her, eyes wide. "Get warmed up." She smiled brightly. The two nodded and started warming up. At the 67th-minute mark, Andy and Theo took off their warm-ups and pinnies and headed toward the fourth official. This was the moment Andy recognized the crowd. The stadium was almost packed and the sound was deafening. She looked around and she felt like she was in a movie.