Prologue

Evelyn Smith was an ordinary girl and by her definition of ordinary, She was an orphan, her birth parents and brother died in a fire but she later got adopted by Dr. Eva Smith and Mr. John Smith.

Now Evelyn is Fourteen, playing a game with her best friend Nancy Wheeler. The two friends have only met a year ago and yet they would sacrifice themselves for the other. They would tell each other almost everything, crushes, grades, stuff going on with their families.

Nancy was talking about Steve Harrington, her crush that she first had in only second grade. "He was so dreamy during lunch, Ev you just had to see it." "I saw it, Nance, I see you drooling over him every day," Evelyn concluded her sentence with a laugh.

Sooner or Later, She was hit by a pillow, the two girls were having a pillow fight.

The pillow fight ended about ten minutes later, Nancy asked "What about you Ev? Do you have a crush on anyone?" Evelyn got up and noticed a boy who seems to be looking at something she was staring at in amusement, Nancy took notice of this and smirked. "Oh, you like him, Ev?"

Evelyn noticed what Nancy had said and her face went red, Evelyn looked up at the boy again who had been staring at her this time, the boy's face turned red and he went back to his adventure.

"Well, I have to go home but tomorrow we are talking about your crush on the boy next door." Nancy said as Evelyn punched Nancy in the arm playfully and once Nancy left, the only thing on her mind was "Who is he?"

Meanwhile, Ryan Henderson was being distracted by a rabbit he had seen run by his widow and became destined in finding it with assistance.

"Dustin, You wanna help me catch a rabbit?" Ryan asked his younger brother eagerly.

Dustin was about to say yes before some static picked up on his radio, "Sorry Ryan, I think I have a D&D campaign calling my name." Dustin looked at his brother sadly, Ryan just nodded and went to ask his best friend for assistance.

Ryan went to the phone in the kitchen and dialed a number. He waited silently till he heard someone pick up. "Hello, Ms. Byers speaking." "Hello, Ms. Byers. It's Ryan, can I talk to Jonathan real quick?" Ryan asked as he heard things shift over the other line. "Ryan, you asked for me," Jonathan spoke. "Yeah I did, I was wondering if you wanted to come over and find a rabbit that I saw."

"That seems fun, I'll be there." Jonathan hang up the phone and Ryan headed out the front door, with the camera in hand and waited for his friend to show up, unaware of the girl staring at him next door until he heard a twig snap in the direction.

He turned his head looking for whatever made that noise when he noticed a girl with her friend. He had been staring at her for a couple of minutes that he didn't notice that Jonathan was there, the girl looked up and the two made eye contact.

Ryan looked away and his face became red from embarrassment. "So, you like the girl next door? Ryan." Jonathan smirked. "Bug off, let's find that rabbit." While they were looking for the rabbit the only thing on his mind was "Who was she?"

Mira Speaks

Sorry for this being short but this is just the first time where Evelyn and Ryan meet sorta and other stuff.