7. The "Funeral"

THIRD-PERSON POV

Evelyn was with her father, at Will Byers Funeral.

The priest was speaking. "I will strengthed you. Yes, I will guide you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

"It's times like these, our faith is challenged. How, if He is truly benevolent could God take from us someone so young, so innocent?" He asked.

"It would be easy to turn away from God but we must remember that nothing, not even tragedy, can separate us from His love." He stated.

Evelyn cried quietly as his words but she became distracted by something else, by someone else.

Ryan Henderson, who was staring right back at her, he gave her a faint smile as she gave him only a blank look before she looked away.

...

Evelyn, Ryan, Nancy, and Jonathan were sitting outside the graveyard looking at the photos.

"This is where we know it's been." Jonathan stated, Ryan nodded slightly.

"Only places where blood had been dropped." Ryan observed. "Hawkins Hospital, they have loads of blood there." Evelyn looked at Ryan, who nodded.

"It would be dangerous to go there, considering we don't know if it's human." Evelyn agreed with Ryan's statement.

"Hawkins Hospital is close to where it's been, look." Nancy pointed to where Hawkins Hospital was and all the other points.

"You want to find it." Nancy asked the group. "We might not find anything." Jonathan brought their hopes down.

"I found something." Nancy said, eyes filled with hope.

"Jonathan's right, what if we don't find anything?" Ryan asked. "And what if we do?" Evelyn questioned back.

"Well just to be careful." Jonathan got up, the rest of the teens followed him.

Jonathan went inside the car, moments later Jonathan pulled out a gun which suprised the teens.

"Jonathan put that away." Ryan said. "We could get caught." Evelyn added to Ryan's statement.

"Are you serious?" Nancy questioned as she saw the eldest byers loading the gun.

"What? You want to find this thing and take another photo? Yell at it?" Jonathan questioned, slightly annoyed.

"This is a terrible idea." Nancy reasoned.

"I second that, what if we shoot someone and they die, then we're in jail for murder." Evelyn agreeded with Nancy.

"What if we don't get caught?" Ryan shrugged her shoulders, Evelyn slapped him.

"And I'll tell her." Jonathan said. "When this thing is dead."

Ryan scoffed, Evelyn looked at Jonathan in slight shock, while Nancy wasn't able to think of a reply.

...

Evelyn was in her garage, with her father's gun, trying to shoot targets she made.

Evelyn missed again. "Ugh." She started to grow mad as she reloaded once again.

She shot and hit one of the targets. "Yes!" She began to cheer by herself.

"You aren't that bad." Ryan clapped his hands, scaring Evelyn. "Jonathan would be way worse, he hadn't used a gun since he was ten."

"Oh, that bad huh?" Evelyn asked, Ryan nodded. "His dad made him kill a animal." "That's awful." Evelyn grew sad.

...

"Screw that." Nancy said as she shot the gun, she hit the can. "Hey can I try?" Ryan asked, Nancy handed him the gun.

"Just aim and shoot." Jonathan instructed. "What about you Ryan? What makes your family imperfect?" Jonathan asked.

"Well my mother's does everything on her own, my dad was never there." Ryan held the gun steady. "He could have been there, but he just left like the bitch he is, making my mom doing just about everything. I think that is-" Ryan shot the gun and hit the can. "Bullshit."

"I didn't know you were this good Ryan." Jonathan patted Ryan on the back.

Ryan offered the gun to Evelyn. "You wanna go?" She nodded. "I don't need instructions, my dad's a cop."

"I'm probably gonna miss but my parents had amazing jobs and if you were to think we were perfect. We aren't, they never had time for me, they were always at work. Evelyn held the gun steadily.

"I always went to Nancy's because I knew her parents would be home doing parent things." Evelyn looked at the target. "My mom and I we ended on a sour note, I didn't even get to say that I loved her." Evelyn hit the can.

"I think she knows that you love her Ev." Ryan pulled Evelyn into a hug, as she cried softly, moments later Jonathan and Nancy joined the hug as well.

...

It was dark, Ryan and Evelyn were paired together as they looked in the woods.

Evelyn held a flashlight while Ryan held the gun, moments later they switched roles.

Ryan held the flashlight, Evelyn held the gun.

Ryan found a tree, but it looked strange.

"Hey Evelyn!" Ryan called out. "I found something." Evelyn went up to Ryan, they inspected the tree.

"Should we go in?" Evelyn asked Ryan, who nodded unsure. "I'll go in, you stay out here and if I need help, find Nancy or Jonathan." Ryan instructed, Evelyn nodded at his words.

Ryan went into the portal that was in the tree.

"What do you see?" Evelyn asked, Ryan didn't reply, Ryan was hiding. "Ryan?" She called out. "Ryan!" She called out again when she got no reply, she went inside the portal.

"Woah." Evelyn looked at the trees and how it was all gooey. A twig snapped, Evelyn looked and saw someone, something.

It was about to charge at Evelyn, who was about to scream till someone had taken her arm.

Evelyn looked up and saw Ryan, who looks scares for his life, their life.

(A/N: Revelyn>>>> Stancy 100%, I worked on this chapter at like 1 - 4am lol. Feel free to vote or comment. :)