13. So, How Was It?

EVELYN walked into the threate or the cafeteria, school just ended and they was going to work on the play, they only have a month left but Evelyn had other things on her mind as did Ryan

Their strange thoughts were interrupted when she had bumped into him.

"Oh Ryan Hey! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you." Evelyn apologized.

"Oh no, it's fine I didn't see where I was going." Ryan assured her.

"Looks like it." Evelyn joked, she loved when she made Ryan laugh it made her happy.

"Hey I uh gotta ask, where were you in history today? I didn't see you." Ryan asked.

Evelyn knew where she was, after her meet with Ms. Kelly she was going to history but she just couldn't go, how was she going to answer Ryan's question now by answering, "Oh uh yeah I wasn't there because I was scared of sitting next to you because I think I'm in love with you!" Evelyn could not say that at all.

"Oh uh that was because- because um well-" Evelyn tried to think of a lie but she couldn't.

"It's alright if you don't want to tell me, Ev." Ryan smiled and walked off.

"Ev." Evelyn loved the nickname, sure almost all the people close to her calls her that but when Ryan calls her that, she feels like floating in the air like in angel (Only she didn't do that in act four- I said too much)

Evelyn began to think about the Halloween party tomorrow and wondered, should her and Ryan match without the other knowing? Yeah, they could but Evelyn needed to be someone that Ryan knows like someone from a Spiderman comic, he's always reading those.

Just then Maria Campbell walked by, Evelyn decided she needed to get her opinion on it since she's a red-head herself.

"Hey Maria, Can I talk to you for a minute?" Evelyn asked.

"Sure but make it quick, I have tons of planning to do plus it's almost five, almost time for my art lesson." Maria diverted her attention to the young girl.

"Alright I need you to be completely honest, do you think I could pull off red hair?" Evelyn asked.

"Red hair like red red or like," Maria trailed off.

"Don't wanna be rude but like your hair, the color." Evelyn smiled awkwardly.

Maria looked at her hair for a moment before answering. "Yeah, I think you could. Why'd you ask that? Last minute Halloween costume?"

"You could say that," Evelyn said.

"And you're going as?" Maria questioned.

"You'll know at the party, Tina's party. Okay thanks bye!" Evelyn rushed out of the room.

Maria looked at her weird, "Strange,"  she comments before looking at her watch. "Alright, everyone time to go, there's the door, go, go, go!"

Ryan left the room along with the other members of the drama department, he had only wondered why Evelyn had left so early.

Ryan started his car up and pulled out of the school's driveway. Don't Stop Me Now was blasting out of the radio as he strolled down the street.

He noticed the scenery around him, he noticed how the pumpkins were looking odd, he'd have to tell Hopper or John about that later.

Ryan turned the corner and he parked his car and went inside the store. He had a list that his mother gave him.

Egg, Milk, fish (for Mews) The list read.

Ryan sighed, he hated going to the store, talking to cashiers was horrifying.

Moments later, Ryan left the store, he got everything on the list and got in his car.

Ryan pulled out of the parking lot and began to drive steadily. Ryan turned a sharp corner and pulled into his neighborhood.

He noticed Dustin was putting his bike away.

Ryan got out of the car.

"Dustin, what are you doing out here so late?" Ryan asked his brother.

"I was investigating, my dear old brother." Dustin replied.

"Investigating? What ever you say." Ryan muttered before locking the door after him and Dustin entered the house.

Mira Speaks

Anddddd I'm back! Thanks for 5k reads on R&J, that means a lot to me.