10. All Together

THIRD-PERSON POV

Evelyn and Ryan walked into the police station and were about to head to Jonathan before they were stopped by the lady on the front desk.

"Hey! Where did you think you're going?" She asked the two teens who made their way to her.

"We're here to see a friend." Ryan answered simply.

"Name?" She asked as she places her chin in the palm of her right hand out of boredom.

"I'm Ryan Henderson ma'am and we're here to see Jonathan Byers." Ryan explained.

"I'm Evelyn Smith, my dad is-

"Right there." The two teens turned and saw Evelyn's dad, who had just came out of the chiefs office.

"We need to talk." John spoke to the two teens before he took them to a quiet place in the station.

"So, what do you need to talk about dad?" Evelyn could only wonder.

"I have been informed that you guys along with Jonathan and Nancy have encountered something dangerous." John searched Ryan and Evelyn's eyes for answers.

"Oh uh that, well sir it's very dangerous but we made it out alive." Ryan scratched his neck.

"You both could have died!" John exclaimed. "And you didn't bother telling me or another trusted adult?"

"Well Jonathan was going to tell his mom, after he insisted that we had killed it but we don't know what it is except." Ryan explained.

"We had a theory that this things that Jonathan found with his camera, that it comes with their blood. I think this monster took mom, Barb, and Will. Mom only had blood on her and Barb cut herself on accident, But Will wasn't bleeding, or atleast he wasn't when I last saw him." Evelyn explained.

"Maybe the monster took him on accident." Ryan reassured her.

"On accident? I don't think so if he wasn't bleeding then maybe, maybe it was-" Evelyn was speaking.

"The Lore of the game." Ryan cut her off.

"I'm sorry, I must have missed a lesson. What game?" John asked, rather confused.

"Dungeons and Dragons sir, D&D for short. Maybe in the game, Will did something and his character must have gotten hurt or taken in order to protect his friends." Ryan explained.

"But that's just a fantasy game. How could a fantasy game come to life?" John questioned, looking at Ryan for an answer.

"I don't know sir, but ordinary monsters that we see in films have faces, and the one we saw in the woods didn't." Ryan shuddered at the memory.

John was about to say something before the Cheif came to them.

"We have to go, now." Hopper spoke to John, who only nodded and guestred for the teens to come along.

John, Evelyn, and Ryan got in Ryan's car.

John told Ryan to go in the backseat, which he didn't argue about. John started the car and they began to follow behind Hopper.

"If you don't mind me asking, what did you mean by this monster having no face?"

Evelyn only saw the monster from a far distance so she was suprised when Ryan was able to describe the monster in good detail.

"Well I meant what I said, it didn't have a face, the figure was quite tall like seven feet and it had claws, it's face opened up like a flower, and on each petal there were tons of teeth."