15. My Head Is Spinning

EVELYN rose from her sleep, head still spinning from the night before, she groaned

"What the hell happened last night?" Evelyn mumbled as she looked down and saw that she was still in her Gwen Stacy costume.

"Shit, shit, shit," Evelyn jolted out of her bed and headed towards the shower, rushing past her dad.

"Teenagers," John mumbled as he looked at the wig that was now on the floor.

As Evelyn removed her makeup and her clothes and hopped in the shower.

Evelyn came out the bathroom wearing a jacket (I'm so so bad at describing clothing-), jeans, and sunglasses to hide her face away from the sun.

Evelyn was walking back to her room when she slipped and fell, her dad couldn't help but laugh.

"Dad, that isn't funny." Evelyn looked to see how she fell but only found her Gwen Stacy wig.

"It was funny as hell," John smirked. "Now go on, hurry up! You don't wanna be late."

"Right, right," Evelyn adjusted her sunglasses as she headed back to her room.

...

Evelyn groaned again as her ongoing headache came back.

"First time getting drunk?" Jonathan asked.

"How did you tell?" Evelyn asked in returned.

"Well you're wearing sunglasses indoors and not to mention it's almost winter now, so no more sun." Jonathan answered.

"Last night was something Jonathan, I got drunk and I think I confessed my feelings for Ryan and now I just told his best friend," Evelyn banged her head on the locker.

"Hey Ev, chill. It's gonna be fine." Jonathan reassured her.

"And what if he doesn't like me back? What if he never wants to see me again? What if he-" Evelyn was cut off by another groan.

"I can most definitely tell you, he wouldn't want that." Jonathan smiled.

"Maybe it's a good thing that you did, it'll make the play more meaningful." Maria smiled.

"Or very awkward," Evelyn counted before glaring at Maria before Nancy appeared.

"Evelyn, I need to talk to you." Nancy told her.

"Yeah, what's up Nance?" Evelyn became worried for her friend.

"I- I just, I don't know how to say this but I- I miss Barb." Nancy confessed.

"Oh Nance," Evelyn pulled her friend in a hug. "It's okay, it's okay."

"No, it isn't. Barb's parents hired some detective to find out the truth of what really happened and they can't find that out." Nancy explained as she wiped a tear off her face.

"Hm, then how are we gonna stop them from finding out?" Evelyn asked.

An idea popped in Nancy's head, an idea that included a familiar Byers boy.

"I have a slight idea but I don't want you to do it with me. I mean you have your own things, you-know with your mom, Ryan, the play! Oh my God, the play, when is that by the way?" Nancy asked.

"In like December, you aren't gonna come are you?" Evelyn looked at Nancy with curiosity.

"I might, but it better be worth it." Nancy smiled.

"Oh it will, now we gotta go to Math, Maria already left us!" Evelyn took Nancy's arm as they rushed to math. (I think they're taking algebra 2 which is embarrassing cause I'm taking that next year ughhh I hate being in advanced math)

Mira Speaks

The tea came and it spilled as it was served yalllllll, I'm also thinking of changing my closing gif on this account considering last chapter I accidentally used the one for my backup- but who should it be? I was thinking of Conner from this one game but also maybe El or Gwen?