6. The Monster In The Woods

THIRD-PERSON POV

Evelyn stood there with her father, Ryan, and others as they were gathered at her mother's funeral.

"We are gathered here today to mourn the loss of a beloved hawkins citizen, Doctor Eva Smith." The priest(?) started. "Eva was a mom, a wonderful wife, and overall a lovely person and she helped hawkins over the past twenty years. We will miss her deeply."

Minutes later, Evelyn and Ryan stood there waiting for Evelyn to gently throw her flower on her mother's casket.

Evelyn became hesitate. "I can't." Evelyn spoke for the first time today as she went into Ryan's arms and cried as Ryan held her tight.

"It's okay, you can do it tomorrow or whenever day you feel like it." Ryan assured Evelyn as she cried.

"Her body would be in a casket when I do it." Evelyn replied softly in Ryan's shoulder.

"So? That doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is you showing your mother that you care." Ryan started.

"Whether you throw the flower now or in a couple of years or even never."

"I could throw it in with you, if you would like? I don't have a dad in my life so I kind of know how it feels." Ryan offered and Evelyn nodded.

The two students walked to the thing, they both grabbed ahold of the flower and they dropped it in unaware that Evelyn's father was watching them from afar.

Ryan felt the stare as he was hugging Evelyn, he locked eyes with his father and all John did was nod and the two smiled at one another.

...

Evelyn and Ryan were currently in Nancy's room looking at the photos that Nancy was able to tape together when Nancy pulled Evelyn aside.

"Nance, you good?" Evelyn questioned her friend's stressed look.

"I can't." Nancy started. "I can't do the play."

"What are you talking about? You can nail the role of Juilet." Evelyn reassured her best friend.

"No, I can't. With Barb gone and Steve just not caring, it's feels wrong just continuing the play." Nancy ranted.

"Nance, my mom's funeral was today and now you want me to take your place in the play all because Barb is missing and because your boyfriend doesn't care about the whole thing." Evelyn looked at Nancy for a moment.

Evelyn scoffed lightly before continuing. "But I guess, I'll think about it because we've been friends for a long time."

Nancy face lit up lightly and hugged Evelyn. Meanwhile, Ryan heard the whole thing and had a smile on his face because he had a chance of doing the play with her.

But that smile was erased quickly when Ryan took another look at one of the photos and noticed something horrifying.

"Hey guys, I think I found something." Ryan said, this made the girls remember that someone was in the room and they made their way in.

"What did you find?" Evelyn asked Ryan and he showed the girl the photo and saw that their looks of concern turns into a face of fear.

"What is that?" Nancy asked.

"I don't know." Evelyn answered truthfully.

"We have to get this to Jonathan." Ryan said and the two girls nodded. And the teens left to meet with him.

A/N: I have nothing to say but feel free to vote or comment. :)