5. Skipping School Can Make Your Friend Dissappear

THIRD-PERSON POV

The news was offical, Dr. Eva Smith is dead. And Evelyn did nothing but cry all day, her dad decided that it was best for her to stay home and mourn and sent her to the Byers house so that she would be safe.

So there she was, sitting on the couch tears running down her face as she revisits the memories she had shared with her late mother.

But those tears were also full of regret, the last time Evelyn had spoken to her mother it was during a fight.

Evelyn wanted to hang out with her friends Nancy, Emily, and Barbara but her mother thought she was lying about hanging out with them and was going to hang out with some boy.

FLASHBACK (A/N: Sad :(, well the flashback isn't sad but like anyways get back to reading.)

"Mom, it's just my friends and no one else, why don't you believe me?" Evelyn had asked.

"Ev, teenager girls used to say that alot. I used to say that when I had started dating your dad. I would say I'm going to hang out with friends but in reality I'm making out with your dad in his truck." Her mother reasoned.

Evelyn scoffed. "So what you're saying is you don't believe me and you think I'm going to some dude and make out with him. I can't you believe you right now." Evelyn voice got filled with anger.

"Evelyn, I believe you, I really do and I just hope that you're not lying to me." Eva talked to Evelyn is a calm voice.

"Well that's bullshit!" (A/N: Nancy Wheeler who?) Evelyn said as headed to her room and the next morning, she had found out her father was in the hospital and all she went to her mother and cried in her arms.

END OF FLASHBACK

Evelyn looked back at that moment and she laughed. She got mad at her mom for a stupid reason, her mother was trying to make sure she wouldn't do bad things like Nancy was doing with Steve.

"Hey Evelyn, Can you help me put these Christmas lights up?" Joyce asked Evelyn as she gave the young girl some lights.

The two girls hang the Christmas lights up till Evelyn decided to leave. Evelyn was walking home when she saw Ryan with his walkman (A/N: I want one of these so bad.) riding on his skateboard.

Evelyn decided to go up to him, she gently tapped him. Ryan looked in her direction and smiled.

"Hey Ev, You're probably asking why I'm not in school and I'm going to answer that question right now. I have gotten the lead role of Romeo and I wanted to tell you but I had asked Nancy who had gotten the role of Juilet where you were and she was like 'I have no idea." Ryan put his arms in the air as he was doing an impersonation of Nancy.

"And I was like 'Damnit, uh thanks anyways.' And I left about to head to you house but then I realized that your mom had just died and then I was like 'that's probably why she isn't here'. And I mentally face palmed myself."

The sound of Evelyn's soft crying cut him off. "Oh, I didn't mean to-" Ryan was speaking before Evelyn cut him off.

"No its not that, it's just she probably would have liked you and that blue Jay over there." Evelyn pointed in the direction of the blue Jay, who was picking at a worm in the distance.

"That blue Jay was her favorite bird, she had one as a child. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to my mom's funeral?" Evelyn asked as she heard Ryan's breath hitch.

"Are you sure, I don't want to intrude, your mom only saved my life like once. So I hardly know her-"

"It's fine, just please say that you'll come, it's tomorrow." Evelyn cut him off with a small smile.

"Yeah sure I'll come." Ryan smiled and the two were now in front of their houses and Evelyn pulled him in a hug that neither of them wanted to let go.

That was until Nancy showed up worried. "Ev, I think Barb is missing."

The two friends looked at the Wheeler girl and were willing to help anyway they can.

"Are there any-"

"Yes, Jonathan Byers had some photos of where Barb was last seen." Nancy answered Evelyn question fairly quickly.

"Hey Nancy, How about talk more about this tomorrow. Yeah?" Ryan asked and Nancy nodded and went back home.

After she left, Evelyn and Ryan looked at each other with looks of concern.

A/N: Feel free to vote or comment. :)