1. Did You Hear That?

THIRD-PERSON POV

Evelyn was currently sitting in Nancy's room, reading a book while Nancy was on the bed talking to Barb about Steve.

Evelyn didn't know what Nancy ever saw in him, he was a jerk, to say the least, and he wasn't very smart.

This one time, Evelyn had to tutor him for an upcoming history test so he could pass freshman year.

Evelyn was growing tired of reading "To kill a Mocking Bird" and was grateful when she saw the door opening to reveal Dustin with a box of pizza.

"You want pizza, Evelyn?" Dustin asked, Evelyn, walked to the door and went out and closed it behind her, and asked Dustin,

"What flavor?"

"Uh, Pepperoni and it's the last slice. So if you want it." Dustin held the box in front of her.

Evelyn took the pizza, the two went downstairs to go home.

Evelyn went outside with the rest of the boys and started to head home and once she was out of earshot.

Dustin spoke as he got on his bike and held his handle "You think her and Ryan would be good together?"

"No way bro, I mean she's popular and well your brother isn't. It's safe to say she would be way better with me." Lucas smirked as he pointed to himself.

"You ever heard of opposites attract." Dustin scoffed as the two started riding home.

"It was a seven," Will spoke which made Mike look at him in confusion. "It was a seven," Will repeated.

"The Demogorgon, it got me." Will finished. "Well, see ya tomorrow."

Evelyn had made it home and Dustin came slowly after, the two said bye and went to their house.

Evelyn looked for her parents and when she didn't find them, she assumed they were working late as usual. Evelyn was about to go to Nancy's house before deciding to go to the Hendersons. (A/N: Evelyn ain't getting taken by the Demogorgon today, not today.)

Evelyn knocked on the door and was greeted by the eldest Henderson, Ryan.

"Oh hey, sorry to bother you at this hour. But I was wondering if I could stay over until my parents come home. I think they're working late again." Evelyn rambled.

"Uh yeah, sure, come in." Ryan opened the door wider so she could come in. Ryan went to the kitchen and Evelyn followed. The two were greeted with an awkward silence.

"So, what's your name? I'm Ryan, Ryan Henderson. " Ryan asked, handing out his hand for Evelyn to shake.

Which she did before saying her name, "Evelyn, Evelyn Smith."

Ryan was about to say something else when they heard something in the bushes.

"Did you hear that?" Evelyn asked.

"It was probably nothing," Ryan assured her. Just then, A car pulled up in Evelyn's driveway.

"I think dad is home." Evelyn guessed.

"Yeah, guess so." Ryan said

"Thanks for letting me stay over." Evelyn thanked Ryan.

"No problem." Ryan sent Evelyn a small smile as she left the house.

When she left the house all Ryan could do was smile.