Secret Meetings

Ranboo pov:

I sat straight up on my bed, but I stayed still. I listened to see if whoever had thrown the rock was going to throw it again.

*THUD*

I cautiously got up and made my way to the window, I looked down and saw someone in a black cloak with the hood up standing next to a horse. They bent down and picked up another rock, throwing it at my window.

*THUD*

I jumped a bit at the sound, and opened the window up to quickly call out to them before they threw another rock.

"What do you want!? Who are you!?"

The cloaked figure lifted their hood off their head and looked up at me with a smile, it was Tubbo.

"TUBBO! I mean- Tubbo! Oh my god I can't believe it! What are you doing here?"
I tried my best to whisper-shout so I didn't alert anyone else in the castle.

"I wanted to see how it went, so I road my horse here!"

"What!?? The ride is like, a million miles long! Did you sneak out?"

"Nah I told one of my guards I was leaving, I do this all the time they're used to it! And I've traveled farther!"

"Ok you're gonna have to tell me about that later but for now, come on in! Quick before someone spots you!"

"How?? I literally only know the front of your castle and where your garden is, you get down here!"

I think it over a bit, eventually sighing and replying,

"Fine! I'll get down there and show you how to get back up here, ok?"

"Ok!"
He responds giving me a thumbs up.
I smile and turn around to start making my way downstairs.

I rush through the halls, thankfully the guards were busy cleaning up the ballroom. I made my way out one of the lesser known exits and walk around the outside of the castle before finding Tubbo and his horse.

"Tubbo!"

"Ranboo!"

We run towards each other and crash into a hug, which makes Tubbo fall over. It was as if we hadn't seen each other in years, even if at most it was just a couple hours.

"I have to talk to you about something," Tubbos smile falters a bit. "but first follow me to my room! It's sound proof there and guards will start patrolling the outside soon."
Tubbo nods and follows me as I make my way back to the door, sneak through the halls, and eventually make it to my room.

We sigh in relief simultaneously when we close the door, and then start laughing.

"Phew, I know we didn't have to actually hide from guards but that was scary!"
Tubbo says grinning.

"I know right! I'm so glad you're here though, I was just thinking about talking to you."

"Can't stand one second without me can you?"
Tubbo smirks and I feel my face heating up as I laugh.

"But anyways, what did you want to talk about?"
He asks, I can tell he's nervous and trying to hide it.

"Don't worry it's nothing about- well I mean it is about us-" Tubbo becomes noticably more nervous when I say that. "Well I mean not like in a break up kind of way! Unless you want to-"

"No! I mean, no I don't want to. It's ok if we have to hide it for a while. It's ok with me at least, I really like you! Plus, I'm thinking of telling my parents soon. I have some family who aren't straight and my parents are pretty open minded. What about yours?"

"Well that's what I was going to talk about, it's not mentioned in my family. Like ever. So I don't know where they stand on it. And...well...they think you're a girl."

"Excuse me- WHAT?"

I sit down on my bed and motion for him to come sit next to me. He still stares at me with confusion written all over his face as he walks over to the bed and sits down.

"Well..." I start explaining, "you know how the guard saw us?"

"Yeah?"

"And you know how I ran to try and catch him before he talked to my parents?"

"Yeahhh?"

"Well, I didn't reach them in time."

"Yeahhhhhhhh?"

"And they told my parents about us."

"Yeahhhhhhhhhhh?"

"But, he only saw the back of you so he didn't see your face. So he didn't actually know who you were and that you were a guy cause you were wearing a skirt. So now my parents, ESPECIALLY my mom, think I have this crush on a girl, the girl being you, and they're freaking out about it! They keep saying how they're proud of me and how glad they are I found someone I like and my mom is asking who you are now and- I just don't know what to do."

I bring my knees up to my chest and hug them when I finish talking. I stare at a nearby chair in the room as I try and hold back tears. I can't cry in front of Tubbo.
But he again proved me wrong instantly when he gently places a hand on my shoulder, rubbing his thumb against it for a while before giving me a hug. Which makes the tears I had been holding in come out instantly.

We sit there for a while and slowly I start to calm down to the point where I can speak clearly.

"T- Tubbo, I'm sorry you have to see me like this..."
I'm convinced I look awful after crying so much, so I attempt to hide my face in my knees. But Tubbo gently holds my chin and lifts up my head and faces it towards himself so that I'm looking at him.

"Hey it's ok, do you want to talk about this more or are you good?"

"Well...I just don't know what to do now. Do I lie? Do I tell them the truth? I'm not sure if I'm ready for that..."

"You can take your time, I can ask my parents to arrange dinners with yours once I tell them about us so that we have excuses to hang out more!"
I smile a bit at that.

"Yeah...and you're sure your parents would be ok with it?" Tubbo nods. "Ok. But what do I tell my parents though? My mom is begging to know who 'she' is."

"Hmmm, you can ask them about it casually? Like saying how you ran into a girl at the ball and they had a girlfriend, and ask them what they thought about that. Or just see how they react. You can figure out what to tell them from there."

I nod slowly.
"Alright...that could work!"

We look at each other and smile like idiots, and I gave him a hug. I couldn't help it.

"Hey, one more thing."
Tubbo says.

"Mmm?"

"Would- do- uh hm...do you want to start dating?"
He backs up from the hug so he can see my reaction.

"Yes! Obviously!"
I respond and tackle him into an even bigger hug as he laughs.

I was so happy.

~~~~~~authors note~~~~~~

Thanks for reading I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Have a good morning afternoon or night :D