Family Meeting

Ranboo pov:

The four of us walked in an empty meeting room and immediately started shouting. Well, three of us did. Tubbo stayed silent.

"HE'S CLEARLY NOT TELLING THE TRUTH FATHER!"
I yelled, putting a protective hand on Tubbos shoulder. Tubbo grabbed my hand and continued to look down at the floor

"I WILL NOT BE CALLED A LIAR!"
Jason shouted back.

"I WILL NOT LET TANYA HE CALLED A LIAR!"

"WOULD YOU TWO SHUT UP!?"
My father boomed.

Me and Jason reluctantly stopped screaming but continued to glare at each other.

He sighed and turned his attention to Tubbo,
"Tanya, if that's your real name, what do you have to say about all of this?"

"I think it's ridiculous. I don't know what I did to upset Jason to the point where he's lying to me, perhaps he was just drunk when he thought he caught me. I'm disappointed as well, I thought we had gained mutual trust between each other and the rest of the family. Clearly I was mistaken."
Tubbo replied calmly.

It was strange to think that this was the man who had childishly begged me to go swimming with him the other day.

"Alright, thank you Tanya. Jason, you said that you went to the pool yesterday and saw Tanya and they looked like they had a man's body."

"Because he does!"

"Sure, now were you drunk at the time this had happened?"

"...Maybe a bit but not enough to hallucinate for fucks sake!"

"Please refrain from such vulgar language. Now how do you two want to settle this? Tanya, you aren't confessing to be a boy?"

Tubbo shook his head.

"And Jason, you aren't going to change your mind about her being a boy?"

Jason shook his head.

The King sighed.
"Ranboo?"

"I wholeheartedly believe Tanya. You can ask mom too!"

"I can't deal with you three anymore. Get out of here and I'll discuss with your mother on our next course of action. Just enjoy the party and stay away from each other and out of trouble."

"But you just announced to the whole kingdom that Tanya's been lying about being a girl!"

"I'll make another announcement soon just give me a minute to think about this, you two can stay in your rooms."

I nod and hold Tubbos hand to lead him out of the room.

The walk to my room is silent, but we both needed a minute to process this.

We soon reach my room and sit together against the headboard, Tubbo hugging his knees.

"...So..."
I started, I don't know what the right thing to say in this situation is though so I stopped talking.

"...What the fuck just happened."

I laugh softly.
"Well, a lot. What should we do?"

"What can we do? We just have to wait and see what happens."

"But my mom will vouch for you surely!"

"Even then Jason won't be satisfied, they'll need proof. They'll take me to the doctors or just have a maid look at me to confirm. There's no way they don't find out."

"We can find a way!"

"Ranboo, how?"

Tubbo stared directly at me. I couldn't hold eye contact for long and looked away, staying quiet.

"I'm- I'm sorry, this isn't even that bad. We still have my family to go to, we can run away to them and just stay there."
Tubbo suddenly reassures.

"No, the guards will stop us. My dad still hasn't made the announcement saying that they don't actually know for sure yet if you're a boy so now everyone still thinks that you are. Meaning the guards will be on high alert. With all the people as well there's more outside, and just everywhere."

"...Yeah. I'm sorry I hurt brought down the whole mood."

"Wasn't much of a mood to begin with."
I giggled a bit, Tubbo laughed as well.

"Yeah fair, but there must be something we can do!"

"It's like you said, there's nothing."

"We really just reversed rolls here huh."

"Only cause I started listening to you!"

Me and Tubbo laugh but we're cut short by a knock on the door.

knock knock

Me and Tubbo both stare at the door.

knock knock knock

"Is it your uncle?"
Tubbo whisper yells at me.

"I dunno, maybe?"

knock knock knock knock knock

"Well, they aren't giving up. So unless you want to possibly talk to my uncle I suggest you hide!"
I whisper to Tubbo.

"Where the fuck am I meant to hide?"

KNOCK KNOCK

"The closet!"

Tubbo rushes into to my closet instantly and closes the door.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I really don't want to talk to my uncle or father right now, who knows what they'll want. But I don't have a choice.

I hold my breath

I open the door.

Immediately letting out a sigh of relief when I see pink short hair.

"Finally!" Niki said, she laughed a bit when she saw the look of pure relief on my face, "What, did you think I was someone else?"

"Hah, maaaaybe." I turn towards the closet, "Tubbo c'mon out!"

Tubbo carefully poked his head out of the closet. Sighing in relief when he sees Niki.

"Oh cool, it's just you."

Tubbo walked out of the closet and stood next to me.

"Why are you two being weird and sneaky?"
Niki asks.

"Oh god you don't know?"
Tubbo questions exasperated, obviously not wanting to have to explain the whole situation.

"No I just came back, I was out somewhere for a bit so I missed everything that happened."

"Great. You're gonna wanna come in and take a seat then."
I say as I move out of the way of the doorway so she can walk in.

She steps inside my room and I shut the door behind her, preparing to give her a full rundown of the past day.

~~~~~~authors note~~~~~~

I don't have a weird update schedule I don't know what you're talking about...

anyways hope you enjoyed and have a good morning afternoon or night guys :D

BRO THAT ONE PART WHEN NIKI IS SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE DOOR MADE NO SENSE I DIDNT EVEN WRITE THE KNOCKING WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME, HOW TIRED WAS I WHEN I WROTE THIS???
thank god I looked back, could've sworn I wrote that whole bit down too but I guess not.