12.

"I saw him."

Darci looked up from her notebook. "Who?"

"The person who... I saw him yesterday." Nyla sat up in frustration. "I-is this how it's going to be? I'm going to have to see him everyday for now on. How will i get over it?"

Darci placed down her pen and sighed. "Alot of times, especially when it's someone close to you. Alot of victims end up being forced to see them alot of times in their life. Sometimes it effects the healing process. It becomes frustrating."

"But what am I supposed to do?! Everytime I look at him I want to-

"Murder him?"

"Yes!! I WANT him to suffer as I did!" Nyla felt tears spring in her eyes. "It's not fair! He lives so perfectly while I'm crumbling in pain!"

"Is it Alpha Norman?"

"How'd you know?"

Darci sighed as she layed back in her chair. "One thing about higher wolves... they don't think many of us minority notices anything. Which leaves them quiet vulnerable if you ask me... that night-

Nyla looked up at Darci who stared off into space. "I saw the way you acted the when you left the Alpha's house and how Alpha Norman's expression was a bit brutal... as a woman who's been through it, it didn't take long to put the pieces together."

"So what can I do?"

"Well, you can start by healing. It'll make alot of things better and besides therapy your health is a priority. Along with a support system. Don't let him antagonize you."

Nyla didn't say anything and just turned over in the chair. "Can I sleep for the rest of the session?"

Darci nodded. "Do as you want. I'll be working for a bit."

Nyla then heard a soft flute melody play in the background of the room as she closed her eyes.

I don't know of I can do this for long.

"Your stitches are healing nicely. Besides your wolf being a tremendous help your body is naturally taking the medicine and isn't repelling it."

Carson then looked at Nyla. "Your stitches... they will most likely scar. Your wolf still takes a bit too long in healing it. At this rate it'll still heal but scar."

Nyla hmmed in response. Her absentminded behavior today made Carson a bit worried.

"Nyla, what's wrong?"

Nyla bit her lip but looked up at Carson. "The man who did this to me... my therapist tells me I might have to get used to seeing him."

Carson didn't know how to explain it, but a bit of anger surged quietly in his heart when he heard what she said. Still, he took a deep breath and poked her cheek.

"Hey, you know I've got your back. Don't force yourself to do things you don't want to do, alright?"

Nyla felt a light smile spring on her face from his behavior.

"Thank you Carson."

"You're most welcome.... now you should be paying me my check."

"Tch!"

"How are the surrounding borders?"

Wayne looked at the documents on the table. "The pack warriors said recent movement on the boarders have been silent besides some movement every now and then by other pack warriors checking their boarders."

Yash nodded and turned to Johnathan. "And the pack warriors that are going to explore Rose Forest?"

"In another week I'll have them ready."

"Okay that settles it then. Everything's being taken care of. I'll make sure to contact the werewolf council on the territories."

"Alright."

Yash saw Wayne looking a bit lost. "Wayne, you have something to say?"

"I want some time off."

"What for?"

"To find my wife's rapist."

Both other men in the room stilled. Both for different reasons. Johnathan glanced at Yash to see his eyes shift lightly but concern remained on his face.

"Do you have any thoughts on who it can be so far?"

Wayne rubbed his temples oblivious to Yash's expression. "Her doctor said that the scars on her back are unique. Certain wolves leave different types of scars mainly ones of higher ranking."

"So you plan to-

"Investigate what happened that night. My wife deserves to feel protected."

Johnathan didn't say anything. Just watched a gleam in Yash's eye flicker. "Well, If you need anything Wayne let us know. We'll help the best we can."

Wayne gave a relieved smile. "Thank you."

Johnathan looked at the scene and quietly shook his head.

You don't want his help Wayne.

"Johnathan what's wrong?"

Johnathan glanced at Yash as he stood up."Nothing. I just need to start on the mission. It'll take a while so it's best to get started early."

Yash agreed while he layed back in his chair."That's true. I'll leave things up to the two of you."

Before Wayne left the room he continued to notice throughout the whole exchange he had with Yash the way his eyes held it's own gleam. He wasn't stupid he noticed this but he didn't know why and Yash still haven't told them why wasn't he here when they were battling the rouges.

Does it have something to do with that necklace?

Wayne felt a sense of caution when dealing with Yash.

Yash is hiding something.

He can also tell from Johnathan's movement lately he's also holding secrets of his own.

Am I the only one left out of this mess?

Wayne felt uncomfortable. The two people he trusts the most are hiding secrets that obviously they can't trust him with. He doesn't even know if he should trust them with this.

Fine... ill just handle it myself.