Engaged ~ Kris Bryant (San Fran Giants)

Request for Sportslover28

Kris' Point of View

Here I am at home in my "man-cave" just looking at the light blue colored box that I have in my hands. I have kept this box hidden in here for so long, but now I have decided that I can't wait anymore and I am ready to propose to my girlfriend Anna. She and I have been with each other for 5 years now. We met when we were in college together at the University of San Diego, we were in the same business finance class. Ever since then the two of us have been inseparable.

Since the baseball season hasn't began yet one of my close friends Mr. Anthony Rizzo is here in California and is going to help me with the proposal I mean who doesn't like to see Bryzzo back in action? While Anna is at work at the boutique I am having Rizzo come over to come up with our master plan. I shot him a quick text to let him know that Anna is at work so he can come over now.

Kris Bryant: Hey Riz just wanted to let you know Anna left for work so you can come over now. I'm in the man cave when you get here.

Anthony Rizzo: Hey baby Bryant. Okay, I'll head over now. Let me tell Emily that I'm leaving. See you in a second buddy.

Kris Bryant: Thank you. See you in a second.

After about 10 minutes of waiting I finally hear Rizzo come in. This man is so damn loud I'm pretty sure everyone here in San Francisco can hear him. I heard a "hey Bryant ya down here" then the loud stomping of the man himself coming down the stairs into the basement where my "man cave" is. Once he got to where I was I stood up and gave him a hug before saying "thank you for coming buddy I need your help with something." He looked at me before saying "it's not a problem at all. What can I do for you?" I said "well you know how I have been with Anna for 5 years now. I want to propose to her." He looked at me with excitement in his eyes and said "oh man that is awesome. When were you thinking about popping the question?" I then said "tonight actually, that's why I need your help." He then jumped up and said "you got it my friend. What all do you need me to do?"

I said "I'm thinking about proposing to her after dinner. Could I have you and Emily be there and maybe the Crawfords from the team? We could do like a group dinner so it's not obvious or suspicious." Anthony said "really? Congratulations bro. I am so excited for you. Yes, we can definitely help you out. I'll call Emily first and then Brandon to let him know." I said "thank you so much buddy. That will be perfect. If you want to go ahead and do that you can, then I will talk to Anna and let her know that we are going out for dinner tonight." He said "sure thing boss man." I just laughed and shook my head at him.

Phone call with Anna~
Kris: Hey Anna
Anna: Hey good looking what's up?
Kris: Oh nothing much. I was just thinking how about we go out to dinner tonight?
Anna: Sure! Just the two of us?
Kris: Awesome. Actually no. Anthony is inviting us and the Crawfords to join he and Emily. What do you say?
Anna: That would be fun! I feel like I haven't seen any of them in a while, so that will be perfect. What time and what restaurant?
Kris: Anthony is deciding on that now restaurant wise, but is asking would 6 work?
Anna: That works for me! When I get off of work I'll come home to freshen up a bit and then I'll be good.
Kris: Okay then beautiful. I'll let him know. See you soon.
Anna: Bye babe I'll see you soon.
End of the phone call~

                          -Time Jump-
It was now 5 o'clock and Anna had just gotten home from work. She came into the living room where I was sitting and leaned over to kiss me. I kissed her back before saying "hey baby. How was your day?" She smiled and said "hey handsome. It was good. I was busy, but I am so happy to be back working with the kids." Anna is a kindergarten teacher and today was the first day back to school aka the end of summer. She then checked the time on her watch and said "I'm going to go freshen up real quick and maybe change my outfit. Then I'll be ready to go, is that alright?" I smiled and said "of course it's alright. You are perfectly fine." She leaned forward and kissed me one more time before heading up the stairs to our bedroom.