Softball or Baseball? ~ Dansby Swanson (Atlanta Braves)

Request for lukebryanlover6298

A/N: Just a little fyi the requester wanted this imagine to be while Dansby was still playing for the Atlanta Braves. ❤️⚾️💙

While I am sitting here in my bathroom applying the last bit of my makeup I hear my husband Dansby come in. He says to me " are you almost ready beautiful? Our family is already at the ballpark waiting for us." I smiled and said "yes Dans I am. I just had to add in my pink highlighter powder to my cheeks." He walked over and stood behind me before saying "I don't know why you even bother putting on makeup because you are gorgeous without it"; he then placed a kiss on my forehead. I looked up at him and said "awww you are so sweet. Thank you so much handsome." I then stood up from my vanity stool and smoothed out my dress before turning around to see Dansby. He grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on my forehead, hand, and my bump. I smiled and said "I can't wait to find out what our little bundle of joy is today. Are you hoping for a certain gender?" He shook his head before saying "no I'm not. I will be happy if it is a baby boy or girl. What about you?" I smiled and said "same here. I'm definitely not hoping for a certain gender. I will be so happy either way with a healthy baby girl or baby boy."

                         At Truist Park ⚾️

The first day that I got introduced to the team and their wives I just knew that they were going to all become our life long friends. With that being said I had Chelsea Freeman who is Freddie Freeman's wife come with me to my doctor's appointment the other day which was the gender appointment. Chelsea informed my doctor that she was going to plan the gender reveal and that she would be the only one to know the gender. I can't wait until we meet everyone on the field. As Dansby and I began walking we could see that there were pink and blue balloons and signs everywhere, which made me even more excited. The closer we got I noticed that the theme of our gender reveal was "Softball or Baseball" which is adorable for the two of us. When we got down onto the field Dansby and I saw our friends and family. Dansby and I stopped walking and they each all started walking over to us to greet us and give us hugs.

It was so cute seeing everyone wearing pink or blue and these cute little buttons that said "team girl or team boy" on them. Chelsea Freeman got everyone's attention and said "hey y'all. Welcome to Dansby and Y/N's baby shower. Thank you all so much for coming today to celebrate baby Swanson. We are going to begin this celebration by playing a few games, so let's get started!"

 We are going to begin this celebration by playing a few games, so let's get started!"

After we played the different baby shower games it was time to eat

After we played the different baby shower games it was time to eat. Dansby and I made our way through the buffet line grabbing all of our favorite food and snacks before sitting down at the reserved table. Once everyone ate Chelsea announced that it was now dessert time. We walked over to the dessert table that was filled with different cookies, cupcakes, candy, and a layered cake. (Pictured below 👇🏻)

Once everyone got the chance to eat some desserts it was time to start getting ready for the gender reveal

Once everyone got the chance to eat some desserts it was time to start getting ready for the gender reveal. Chelsea told both Dansby and I to come and follow her out towards the ball field. While we began walking Max Fried walked with Chelsea with a ball in his hands. Once we got to the pitcher's mound we stopped walking. Chelsea explained that she bought some of the exploding powder baseballs that had either pink or blue powder in it; she said that Max was going to let me toss him a few practice baseballs before he gives me the real powder ball that I will throw to Dansby. While Max and I practiced Dansby and Chelsea were talking to one another. She was explaining to him that her and Freddie did one of these gender reveals with the powdered ball before she had Charlie.

After a few throws Max said "okay Y/N I think you are all ready to go. You did great, so you will be fine to throw this one to Dansby", he then placed the powdered ball in my hands. He then gave me a hug before walking towards Dansby. Chelsea then came up and basically told me the same thing and then an "I can't wait for you both to finally know the gender!" She gave me a quick hug before walking to Dansby to do the same. Once she got back to where our family and friends were standing she nodded her head to us. Dansby then yelled to me and said "whenever you are ready Y/N. I'm good to go." I smiled and said "okay. Here goes nothing" before tossing Dansby the ball...

 Here goes nothing" before tossing Dansby the ball

Pink powder filled the air. I started running to Dansby while all of our family and friends were clapping and cheering behind us. When I finally got to Dansby he engulfed me in a huge hug and then kissed me on the lips. After we pulled apart he looked at me and said "I'm gonna be a girl dad." I smiled with excitement and tears in my eyes and said "you sure are. I can't believe that we are having a sweet baby girl. I love you so much Dansby." He smiled with tears in his eyes and said "I love you too beautiful." He then gave me one more kiss before bending down and placing a kiss on my baby bump. This day couldn't get any more perfect.

A/N: Okayyyy this was so cute!! The requester told me to just have fun with this, so I thought we'll why not make it a cute gender reveal imagine. Dansby just seems like he would be such a girl dad right or am I the only one with those vibes? Hope you all enjoy this one. Go Braves and Cubs! 💜