Sunkissed~ Dansby Swanson (Atlanta Braves)

Request for sundaymorningheartxo

Baseball was one of those sports that you would always see on but never really payed attention to until tonight. Here you were sitting in the warm afternoon at an Atlanta Braves baseball game. Your best friend had an extra ticket and was begging you to come with her to a game. Even though she knew you had no idea about baseball.

"Y/N come onn!! You would love going; the atmosphere is always so fun, and the baseball players aren't bad on the eyes either." I thought to myself it does sound pretty promising. She then said "I promise that if you end up hating it then I will never ask you to come with me ever again." After more pleading which included looking up hot baseball players on the team and bribing you with a drink, you finally gave in and agreed to go with her.

There was one small problem though because I wasn't a baseball fan I didn't have anything to even wear to a game. Of course this was no problem for your friend because she had a plethora of both jerseys and t-shirts that you could choose from to wear. You decided on wearing one of her jerseys with the name SWANSON written on the back of it. After getting dressed and ready for the game it was time to head to the ballpark.

Once we got to Truist Park we ended up walking around the battery before the gates officially opened. I couldn't believe that this ballpark was so crowded, but my friend told me that even when the Braves aren't playing at home the ballpark is packed with people. Once the gates opened we quickly went in and wanted to find our seats. We ended up having really good seats by the third base line and right in front of the field. When the game started your friend began teaching you about the ins and the outs of baseball. By around the 5th inning you felt like you had a decent grasp of the game.

It was time for the Braves to take the field again. As they were warming up one player seemed to catch your eye. He was stretching and turning to the side, when he did he looked over at your direction. Your friend nudged you and said "girl I think that someone was checking you out." I grinned then said "who?" She shook her head then said "Dansby Swanson he's the shortstop. You have his jersey on." Once the inning had started the Braves got 2 quick outs, leaving 1 to go. The batter hit a high ball to the left right over to where you and your friend were sitting. Because of the shift, Dansby was the closest one to it. You and your friend stood to your feet and made sure you had backed up away from the wall you were sitting behind. Dansby dove for the ball as it was falling over the wall in front of us, the ball landed perfectly in his glove while his sunglasses fell off his face in the process.

The stadium erupted in cheers for their home town team as one of their star played made the play. Dansby was quick to his feet, but stopped when he noticed who he had caught the ball in front of. You had picked up his sunglasses that had slid when they fell off, you extended your hand out to him to give him his glasses back. He smiled at you and shook his head. You stood there wide eyed and he said " keep them, you look much better in them anyways." He then hopped back over the wall and went back to the second base where his other teammates were standing.

Your friend turned to you and said "I can't believe that that just happened." You adjusted the sunglasses on your head and said "looks like I'll be coming to more games with you."

After the game your friend wanted to hang around in the parking lot to see if she could try and get some autographs. One by one players started exiting the stadium stopping to sign some autographs for the fans that had stayed after the game. You began to think that Dansby wasn't going to come out, but then you saw his dark curly flow of hair exit the stadium doors. He stopped and signed a few items at the beginning of the line then started walking rather quickly away. You almost said to your friend "do you think he even saw us?" but you didn't need to because he was right in front of you.

He said "So you are the pretty girl that has my sunglasses?" You giggled then said "I believe you gave me these sunglasses. I'm sure that you want these sunglasses back now though." He smiled and said "no, no they are yours. I have others at home. Like I said before they looked much better on your anyways." I stood there dumbfounded by what was happening. He then said "oh and by the way...Welcome to Atlanta." Then kissed my hand before walking to his car.

A/N: HI! Sorry I know I have been just kinda popping on here and there

A/N: HI! Sorry I know I have been just kinda popping on here and there. I am leaving for my trip on Tuesday, so I figured I would post an imagine before I left. Hope y'all liked this little imagine. ;)

Dansby Swanson is so damn fine like oh my gosh. I can't get enough of this man. 😍