Sick Days ~ Christian Yelich (Milwaukee Brewers)

All night I was tossing and turning, much to my boyfriend Christian's dismay. I have not been feeling great for a few days now. What once started with a headache has now gone to a fever of 102 degrees, and I feel like new symptoms keep popping up everyday.

Once the light started to shine through the bedroom windows Christian decided to get up. He knew that I needed the sleep at this point, since I had been up half the night. He noticed that I hadn't been feeling good these past few days, but now that my symptoms have gotten worse he's starting to become very concerned. I could already sense that he would most likely be trying to get me some kind of doctor's appointment.

At 12 in the afternoon I had finally awoken from my slumber. Christian had just come back upstairs to their shared bedroom to see if I was awake yet. "Hey sleepyhead how are you feeling?" He said. "Ehh. The extra sleep definitely helped, but I'm feeling some pressure on my face." I said. Christian then walked over to me and placed his hand on my forehead. He could tell that my fever had not broken and was still high just by the heat he could feel radiating off of my forehead. He then went to our dresser where he had placed the thermometer, some Advil, and a glass of water. He grabbed the items then came back over to me in bed. "Here baby let's check your temperature. After that I'll give you these Advil for you to take, they will help bring the fever down." I grabbed the thermometer from him then placed it under my tongue. After a measly few seconds the thermometer dinged and it showed that my fever was now at 104. Christian also noticed that under my eyes were a little bit swollen, so he quickly got a cold washcloth for me to place on my eyes. He said "I'll go grab you an ice pack and see if that will bring down the swelling."

After he came back upstairs with the ice ok'd Christian looked at me sympathetically. I could tell he truly felt bad about me being so sick. He then said to me "I'm going to go see if I can get you a doctor's appointment. I have to know what it is that is causing you to feel this sick." I looked up at him and beckoned him to come down to my level where I could place a small kiss on his cheek. "Thank you so much sweetheart. Thank you for taking care of me." I said. He squeezed my hand before saying "it's no problem at all. You know I love being here to take care of you." He then stood back up and said he was going to go call and get an appointment for me. He came back upstairs about 10 minutes later and said that I had a doctors appointment at 3:00 today.

—Time Jump—
Dr. Carlisle said that I had a bad sinus infection. I was given a prescription for some medicine to take that would have me feeling better in a day or so. Dr. Carlisle already called the pharmacy to have my prescription filled, so all I had to do was go and pick it up. After we left the doctor's office Christian swung by the pharmacy and picked up my medicine. Once we got home he wanted me to relax on the sofa in our living room. He was going to make me some soup to eat, so I don't take my medicine on an empty stomach. "What kind of soup would you like? We have chicken noodle, tomato, lobster bisque, and home style vegetable?" He said. I thought about it for a moment before finally deciding on chicken noodle. "I'll take chicken noodle please!" I said. 

Once Christian was done in the kitchen he came back into the living room where I was and said he was going to put on a movie for us to watch. He listed the movies off that we had and told me to pick which one that we were going to watch. I wanted to watch a romance movie, so I picked Pride and Prejudice for us to watch. Before the movie began my soup was ready so Christian brought it to me to eat. After I ate it all I took my medicine before getting all snuggled up to my boyfriend.

During the movie I ended up falling asleep curled up into Christian, but I wouldn't have it any other way.