Jealousy Jealousy ~ Max Fried (Atlanta Braves)

Song Inspiration: Jealousy, Jealousy- Olivia Rodrigo

Request by -cleveland

"ARE YOU KIDDING MAX? WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT OZZIE AND I ARE CHEATING. WE ARE BEST FRIENDS AND NOTHING MORE. UGHHH." I shouted at my boyfriend Max of over 2 years. Max had walked into the living room and was wiggling his phone in the air. On the phone he had his Twitter app pulled up and fans had taken pictures of me and his teammate Ozzie together. We had all been at a gala event a few nights ago benefiting the Atlanta Braves Foundation.

Speaking of which I should probably tell all you fine people who my boyfriend and his teammate and one of my friends is. My boyfriend is Max Fried who is the pitcher for the Atlanta Braves and his teammate/my best friend is Ozzie Albies who is the second baseman for the Atlanta Braves.

Now back to the heated argument that I was currently having with my boyfriend... "OH C'MON Y/N. ADMIT IT THIS PICTURE DOES MAKE IT LOOK LIKE Y'ALL ARE A COUPLE. YOU KNOW WHAT I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS I HAVE A GAME TO GET TO" and with that he picked up his duffel bag and slammed the door leading outside into our garage. I just stood there in my living room dumbfounded by what had just happened. I know by looking at it you wouldn't think it but Max is super protective and he is quick to get jealous when it comes to me. It doesn't matter if it's about fans, friends of teammates of his; Max is always going to be the one that gets mad and jealous.

I admit I would be jealous too if he was close with other girls that he dated in the past, childhood friends, or other wags from the Braves. As I sat there on my couch in the living room I noticed all of the pictures that I had in there of Max and I. I then began to get all teary eyed just thinking about our argument. I mean yeah Max and I have argued before but I have never seen him get so pissed like this before. I love Max so much and would never ever cheat on him.

Even though the Braves were playing at home today in Atlanta at Truist Park I decided that after what happened earlier with Max I was just going to stay at home. The game starts at 1 o'clock and it was currently 11:30 in the morning. Since it is the weekend the first pitch is normally at 1:05. I heard my phone ding saying that I had a notification, so I picked it up from the coffee table to see what the notification was. I had 2 different texts from Mallory Pugh Dansby's fiancé and one from Ozzie. The messages both said "Good morning it's Game Day! I hope to see you at the stadium soon." I smiled to myself before texting them back individually and saying "good morning to you as well. I am actually not going to be there today, I've had some personal issues come up. I'll be there at the next game! Have fun and Go Braves!" I included a little smiley face emoji before pressing send.

-Time Jump-
I am currently sitting in my living room wearing one of Max's Braves shirts and some LuluLemon leggings. I have the Braves game on but as I'm watching this game the team is not doing too good. The commentators keep saying "I don't know what is with Fried today but he is just not getting the job done." Once hearing that I felt horrible that because of everything going on between Max and I has now taken over his mind and he can't focus on the game. These games mean much more to him and the team than some petty little argument between Max and I. The game was in the middle of the 6th inning meaning we only had 3 innings left to try and get it together. I was thankful this game wasn't one that was in our division, but still a win is a win right?

The game ended at 4pm. I knew that the guys would now take showers, get changed, and do post-game interviews. At around 4:30 pm I received a text from Max saying that he had just finished up his last interview and that he would be heading home soon. I smiled to myself knowing that even if we aren't "talking" at the moment at least he still sent me a text letting me know he was coming home. I sent back a message and said "Okay. Be careful. I'll see you when you get home." About 10 minutes later Max got home and came walking through our front door. He saw me sitting on the sofa in our living room and came walking to where I was. He placed his duffel bag down on the coffee table before sitting down next to me. I looked over at him and said "have you decided to listen to me and talk to me now?"

He huffed and crossed his arms before saying "I mean I saw what I saw Y/N." I sighed and said "just let me talk and I'll explain what you thought you saw." He nodded and then I proceeded to begin telling him the story. "During the Braves Chop Fest Gala there was a media crew coming around and taking pictures of everyone and everything. I was talking with Ozzie and his fiancé Andreia when they came up and wanted some pictures of us. I took one with them together, Andreia separate and Ozzie separate. The picture of Ozzie and I is the one that people are going nuts for on social media. Max they even took pictures of you and I together don't you remember?

He sighed and said "I believe you. I'm sorry that I flipped out. I just get so jealous seeing you with other guys sometimes because I don't want to lose you." I looked at him and grabbed his hand and said "Maxy you will never lose me. I love you with my whole heart and soul." He leaned over and gave me a kiss on the lips before saying "I love you more Y/N."

A/N: I LOVE Max Fried. He's one of my top favorite Braves players and MLB pitchers in general. He is also so heavily underrated especially on here. There definitely need to be more fics with him in them. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

PS: This was so cute! Hope you enjoy and Go Braves!! 💜