Broken Promises ~ Christian Yelich (Milwaukee Brewers)

Request for stellainlove

"You promise me Christian that you'll be there tonight?" I said as I looked at my sweet boyfriend. He reached out and grabbed both of my hands and placed them in his before saying "of course I'll be there baby. Tonight is a big night for you. Playing a sold out concert in downtown Milwaukee. I smiled at him and said "I still can't believe that that's even happened." Christian looked at me and said "well you better believe it missy because you are one popular woman." He then kissed me on my forehead before letting go of my hands.

I followed behind Christian as he made his way over to the kitchen. I sat down on a barstool while he went over to our pantry and grabbed a water bottle out of it. He saw the look on my face before saying "I'm making a powdered energy drink. I want to go ahead and drink one before I have to leave for batting practice in a few minutes." I nodded and said "oh yeah I forgot you started drinking those things. I stick to just drinking my hot tea or coffee." He shook his head and said "like those are any better for you" as he laughed. He then stirred his drink around before starting to drink the energy drink he had made. Once he was finished drinking his drink he cleaned up his mess and threw away his empty water bottle, he then walks over to me and kissed me on the temple before saying "bye babe I'll see you later. Take it easy before your show tonight." I smiled and said "thank you. I will, have a good game baby. I'll see you later." He then grabbed his bag and headed out the door.

Since I still have plenty of time before I needed to head to the stadium for sound check I decided to get out all of my "self care" items and have a little relaxing morning. For breakfast I decided to make some hot tea with both lemon and peppermint to drink  and some avocado toast to eat. Next thing on my self care list was to do a face mask and put little cucumbers on my eyes. After applying the face mask and cucumbers I set my alarm on my phone for 15 minutes before I leaned back on my sofa and began my relaxing.

Now that I am feeling calm and rejuvenated it is time for me to go upstairs to my bedroom and pick an outfit for me to wear to the Concert Venue. I am playing at Fiserv Arena right here in downtown Milwaukee. When the arena is not being used for concerts or other events it is the home of the NBA team the Milwaukee Bucks. After looking through my closet at the different outfits I had I decided on wearing a matching black and white sweatshirt and pants.

              Time Jump to after the Concert After the concert ended I went back to my dressing room so I could get un-mic'ed and get changed into my comfortable clothes that I had arrived in earlier

After the concert ended I went back to my dressing room so I could get un-mic'ed and get changed into my comfortable clothes that I had arrived in earlier. When I got to the dressing room I talked to a few friends that had came to see me and some of my family members. One by one I talked to each of them hoping that when I got to the end Christian would be there, but to no avail he was not. I felt the tears in my eyes starting to form but I could not let them spill over  because I didn't want anyone to see me upset. I quickly pulled myself together and turned back around to my entourage of friends and family that came and gave them all hugs and said "thank you for coming." They then presented me with some beautiful red roses before saying "you are an absolute star Stella. We are so proud of you."

I checked my phone and it had already been an hour since my concert ended

I checked my phone and it had already been an hour since my concert ended. I figured it was time to start getting ready to leave the venue. I told my family and friends bye one last time before they all left; some of them were staying in the Milwaukee area and would be meeting up with Christian and I or at this point just me tomorrow. Speaking of which I still can't believe Christian would do something like this and break his promise to me. I was so looking forward to having him here tonight. I'm telling you if he's already at home by the time I get there oh you bet your butt I'll be speaking to him. With that being said it's time for me to change really quick so I can get my things and get out of here.

When I got home I didn't see any other cars in my driveway so I'm sure I'm home alone. After parking in my garage I quickly turned my car off and grabbed my bag and flowers before heading inside. Once I got inside I placed my things down on the counter before I began walking into my living room. As I came around the corner of the room I noticed that Christian was sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands. I saw him and said "oh so you can show up back here after your game ends but you can't come to my biggest show of the tour?" He looked up and me and said "Stella my love I am so, so sorry that I missed your concert. I feel terrible about it. Let me explain what happened." I stated at him and said "mhmm okay." He then began saying " we had to play the Cubs today. They have been playing some really good baseball lately, and Counsell said that this game is one that will determine how our playoff series will go. Once the game started both teams had hot bats and we were scoring like crazy. The game ended up going to 10 innings, and when we finally won the media was wanting to speak with the whole team. I ended up taking way longer than expected in my post game interviews; which is why I couldn't make it to your show. I am so sorry baby." After he said all this I moved closer to Christian and grabbed one of his hands and placed it in mine.

I said to him "thank you for explaining this to me and also apologizing. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry I had got so upset about you not being there, but you were busy and I should have known that." He smiled and said "you're welcome. Once I knew I couldn't make it to your show I decided that I would make you a little special dinner and we can drink some wine. I also heard that Netflix was dropping some new movies on the streaming service today that we could watch. Does that sound okay with you?" I nodded and said "that sounds perfect to me. Thank you." He then pulled me over to him on the sofa and gave me a kiss on the lips. This kiss felt like one that was both gentle and had a little bit of flirty energy with it. I leaned more into him and we continued our little make out session for a little bit longer.

A/N: I love writing about Christian Yelich. There's just something about him...😍🥰 Hope you don't mind I put Kacey Musgraves as the face claim in this for the pictures. She's one of my favorite artists and her and Christian would look so pretty together in person LMAO. Hope that you enjoy this!! 💜