[5]

A scream of murderous thoughts threatened to escape her lips. She covered her mouth with her hand as a choking sob tumbled from within her, the ability to cover it up having disappeared with the knowledge that someone had murdered her brother in cold blood. She watched with a blurred gaze as the older man  turned his head, looking in the direction from which her strangled sob had come. She stilled, remaining silent as rivers flooded down her cheeks, watching with her heart thumping in her throat as the man turned back to the conversation prior. It all became blurred then, every single aspect of her life and vision became incomprehensible.

She used the carpet in the hall to soften the clacking of her heels, not wanting anyone to know or see where she was. Ivy ducked into the nearest bathroom and after locking the door, slunk down on the floor in a puddle of rage-filled tears. The door behind her back felt hard, so hard that it dug into her body with such fury fuelling such pain that she grasped the first thing on her right and threw it across the room in such a blind rage that she didn't think twice about it. A vase, once filled with flowers and water now lay in pieces all over the otherwise pristine dark bathroom. She watched water flooding down the tile in front of her and attempted to control the molten anger rolling through her like a wave that crashed and smashed the already broken pieces of her heart. Her cheeks flushed, hot under the cool tears that she attempted to wipe away with her overly shaking hands. She just could not believe that someone could do something so malicious, something without a need to Antony - who she thought was the kindest person in all existence.

After five minutes of pooling her emotions onto the floor of that bathroom, she began sick of the blubbering mess she had succumbed to, ivy managed to scrounge herself up from the floor and grip the sink with whitening knuckles, staring at herself in the mirror as she listened to the dull music echoing down the corridor - now becoming taunting  in every way possible. She sniffled deeply, letting out a sighing chuckle of amusement. She didn't know how she hadn't seen it before, hadn't thought that someone could have been behind the death. But she had always known, deep down, that it was not an accident and many others knew that too.

She turned on the cold faucet, cupping the water in her hands briefly before splashing the shocking liquid into her face to wipe the redness away and reset her mind. She inhaled deeply and stared back into her soul through the mirror, swearing to never let that man make her feel such a loss of grip on sanity and mortality ever again.

Ivy raised her hand which shook of something other than anger this time, using the smudgings of mascara and eyeliner around to form small wings around her eyes - as if nothing had happened. A smirk tugged on her lips as she reapplied the deep shade of lipstick her mother let her borrow for the event, using her finger to once again fix a slight slippage that the adrenaline coarsing through her veins had caused. Then, one by one, her heart pieces stitched themselves together with a crimson thread fully concocted of the idea of revenge.

"Kill my brother... I kill someone close to you, a son perhaps. An eye for an eye, Lucius Malfoy."

-

"Blaise," Ivy whispered from behind a curtain, catching his attention away from a brief conversation with a taller person who she did not recognise. He looked at her in such bewilderment, sipped his drink, then excused himself from the discussion and dipped behind the curtain with her.

He frowned upon noticing the redness around her eyes, the hairpin still tied in her dress and not sewn like she had been off to do for such a long period of time. She had a certain vacancy in her eyes and oddly, he could not see an inch of grief in them like before. Instead, something else drifted behind her gaze, something that he had not become accustomed to in the long while they had known each other. He furrowed a brow, "Are you okay?"