[31]

June bought such sunlight that it felt almost criminal to be cooped up in the classrooms all day, preparing for the end of year exams and keeping up with the homework that professors were keen to pile on top of their heads at any given opportunity. On the rare opportunity that they had five minutes, the three would almost always be outside - the only time they wouldn't be was if Fin happened to convince them to stay indoors. It did not happen often.

On a particularly sunny day, where the breeze was warm and smelt divine, Blaise and Ivy sat at the edge of the black lake while Fin read/ sunbathed half in the shadows. They didn't really like the scorching heat as it fuzzed up their brain, something that they did not want mid prime study season and while their father was back in the hospital after a complication with his injury.

Blaise and Ivy talked about life in general while they swished the water back and forth with their feet, she watched the moving ripples intently and found herself falling into the thought of wanting to drown Draco only months previous. So much had happened in such a short time that even she struggled to keep up with the changing thoughts, somedays she wanted to kill him and other days she felt some sort of gratitude toward him for the help that he would be in getting some form of justice for Antony.

He noticed her distance and hardly hesitated before scoping her up, one arm under her legs and the other against her back while he waded into the water. She laughed and held onto his shoulders, hoping that she would not be dropped into the water. "Please don't."

"I don't know... It might get you out of this foul mood..." he wondered aloud, jokingly dropping her down a few centimetres before catching her again. He did it once again but this time chose not to catch her, letting her fall directly into the black lake with her hands still clamped around his shoulders. She laughed and stood, mid-torso deep in the water where he was only waist deep.

"Fucking idiot," she frowned, feeling some sort of relief because of the cooling waters that sunk through her many layers of clothing. She had gone without a jumper, due to the heat so now any splash of water would turn her shirt see threw - not the best thing to ever happen but it was worth the fun they were undoubtedly about to have. Within seconds, Ivy pushed Blaise off his feet and laughed loudly as he fell backwards into the water. Then he pulled on her legs from under the water, sending her nearly tumbling over too.

After Balise resurfaced and laughed at what was now viable through her shirt, they continued to simply swim around in the waters. Blaise went deeper than Ivy would, due to his height and lack of care about the animals in the deeper part of the lake that could quite literally kill him.

Malfoy walked by alone, after having had a major falling out with one of his friends. He sat on the benches furthest away from them and for a moment watched Ivy and Blaise swim around, smiling to himself when she laughed then immediately started to hate himself for it.

He caught her gaze unintentionally while taking off his jumper. She smiled at him briefly before Blaise grabbed onto her leg and pulled her underneath the surface of the lack again, laughing when she resurfaced and wiped the water from her eyes. When she turned back, he had draped his jumper over where her bag was after realising that she would have had to walk back through the castle without a coverup since none of her friends had one. She smiled at him once again, this time gratefully, before chucking water directly into Blaise's face.

"Not a chance," Fin laughed softly, interrupting his train of thought.

"What?"

"I said, not a chance. Though I expect it's not that you misheard me," Finley smirked, hiding it behind their book. For once, they had figured out something else that no one had.