[52]

The Italy trip, in short, was nothing but what she had expected. From the moment the plane touched the ground and the initial tour around the house and the connecting village was over, chaos ensued. She could hardly remember some nights yet the other nights were so vivid in her memory that she had not a doubt in the world that they would remain in her mind until old age. It was just that special of a trip. Not a second could be recreated and not a second could be forgotten - well, those seconds without the influence of wine of course.

One of the days remained in her memory more than all the others. One where she got to experience a dream she did not realise she possessed at that time but now it seemed to have always existed in the back of her mind. He just took a lucky and greatly apricot shot at guessing what that dream was and hit the metaphorical bullseye.

-

Initially, Ivy lay out in the grass of the field in the house that looked out onto the vineyard. She watched, half attentive to the book in front of her and half attentive to the gorgeous wedding happening mere feet away from her- she was hidden from their view via a tree but she could see everything. She could witness the adoration between the couple's eyes and how they looked at each other like nothing finer had ever existed. She assumed that was something just common to weddings.

"Come on, I have a surprise for you," Draco interrupted her thoughts, making her turn around to look at him. She squinted at the sun, covering her eyes with a glass-covered hand.

"How do you know where anything is here?" she laughed softly, bewilderment tugging on her brow. Ivy had become pretty accustomed to being the holder of all knowledge about Italy, the tour guide and the one who did the shopping since no one knew Italian and Cedric had decided to go Lactose-free for the week. He definitely regretted that when she bought out a cheeseboard for the others.

"Google, darling."

"Oh shit yeah," she laughed this time out of pure amusement. "Alright, let's go."

-

She ended up on a train to an unknown destination. The fact she did not know where she was going had a certain fear to it but she trusted him not to take her directly into a bull ring or something similar but with people. For example, the tourist shopping hotspots.

She looked out of the window of the train, watching the hills roll by while trying to spot patterns in the brief spurs of clouds above. Her attention was pulled away by the brief flash of a camera, she turned instantly. "Let me see that," she frowned, gaze fixed and focused on his phone and the phone alone.

"You look beautiful Cadieux," he replied while pocketing the phone. "I wouldn't have told you I took it if I didn't accidentally leave the flash on."

She frowned again, deeper this time hoping it would have some effect on him. It did not. "You love being difficult, don't you?"

He shrugged, smirk tugging at his lip, "It's my favourite pastime."

-

Once they got off the train, Ivy found herself running to the nearest food stall as she hadn't eaten since the very early hours of that morning. Draco stood at her side completely stunned as she rattled off a conversation with the owner of the shop in completely fluid and rapid Italian, laughing and not missing a single beat.

As they walked out of the shop, Ivy noticed the widened corners of his eyes and the sudden lack of interest in the food she was attempting to hand him. "What?" she chuckled, a remnant of the Italian accent long gone from her voice.

He cleared his throat, "I didn't know you speak Italian."

"Non è difficile," she laughed softly, rosiness managing to break through the already reddened surface of her cheeks due to sunburn.

"It's incredibly hot."

"Shut up and tell me where we're going."

-

"I've seen pictures before but this... it's incredible," Ivy half muttered, staring up at the stone balcony above her head. 

"I seriously can't believe you haven't been here before, given the obsession and all."

"Never had the opportunity," she replied distantly, all her focus directed to the thousands of names, letters and the sight of the balcony where everything took place so long ago. She smiled to herself as a couple walked onto the balcony, clearly on their honeymoon and enjoying every single second of the other's time.

"I just thought it would be the perfect location to ask you something," he whispered a great pause that caused her to turn around following. "Ivy..."

"Yes, Draco. I'd love to be your girlfriend."

His brow instantly raised, "How did-"

"I heard you and Blaise talking about it earlier," she laughed softly and watched as a flight flush came to his cheeks. "It was adorable, I must say."

He bit back a laugh, smirking instead as he ran a hand through his hair. "Well that's um," he cleared his throat. "Really not embarrassing at all."

"Hey, do you have a pen?"

"No?"

Ivy unlooped herself from Draco's arms and walked over to an old Italian couple, the wife holding a dark green sharpie in her hand as they both stared up at the balcony in front of them. "Mi scusi? Posso prendere in prestito quella penna?"

The old woman smiled and handed her the pen without a second thought. "Grazie," Ivy smiled back before walking over to Draco, pulling the lid off the pen and placing it on the other side. She went directly to a rare space in the wall and carefully wrote her initial (he took a photo while doing so) before she handed him the pen to write his.

"You speaking Italian will never not be the most attractive thing I've ever heard," he whispered as they both looked at their names on the wall, surrounded by thousands of other lovers all with their own stories. She felt, despite it being such a popular thing, that it was something special.

She wrinkled her brow, "Je pensais que parler français était la chose la plus chaude?"

"Oui, but I understand the french. Italian just has a certain hotness level to it."

"You need to learn to make your mind up if this is going to last any longer," she laughed softly as he draped an arm across her shoulders, kissing her cheek. "Want to go and get Cannolis before the train?"

He grinned, "Definitely. See I do have some ability to make my mind up."

She laughed, brow raised, "For food?"

"Still counts," he shrugged.

She rolled her eyes jokingly, taking his hand again, "Whatever Malfoy."