chapter ten

hmmm itadori festival spoilers!??!?

it's been a week since then and everything has calmed down- not that there were any other tensions than xiaos usual melancholy and your relentless anxiety- and you and xiao planned a day to do absolutely nothing. you both needed it.

"ah-xiao?" you lay your arm over his waist in bed and he turns to face you. grunting in reply.

"if you love me, will you allow me to court you?"

xiao blinks and his face flushes. he stutters out a few letters then turns around, back to you once again.

"don't ignore me!"

"I thought... we already were."

"what?! for how long?!"

"a couple centuries"

"WHAT. we were partners this whole time and I didn't know- when did I ask?"

"I asked, I asked you if you wanted to be partners and you said yes"

"...that's not how you ask! I'd just assume you want to work! Well it doesn't matter. if were already courting ill just have to ask you to marry me!"

"too much." xiao folds him arms, you sigh.

"but one day right...?"

he stays quiet and nods. you think hes a bit embarrassed.

"xiao... in a few thousand years... let's settle down..." you hug him close from behind, pressing a peck on his shoulder.

"im saving. we should buy a cottage just big enough for us, high in the mountains away from people. we can grow our own needs, and take day trips down to liyue harbour- and holidays to mondstadt. we have an apartment there, still. no duties, no war, just us... just peace...?" you sigh. "I dream about it so often..."

xiao stares at you, shifting in bed then sitting up. "i-"

"HI- bad timing?" Venti stands in the window if your room, and xiao shoots up, relaxing at the sight of them not being a being with murderous intent- probably.

"not at all- I didn't expect a visit like this, I everything okay?" you walk over to him and offer him a hand, despite the small drop from the windowsill to the floor. he smiles, taking your hand and stepping down, not letting go after.

"I wanted to invite you to a festival I was invited to in inazuma. both of you, if you're interested." he waves an invitation in hand, you supposed it admitted multiple people. you look over to xiao. silently asking his opinion.

"you should go. I appreciate the offer, but I have no interest in such a... social event." xiao crosses his arms and comfortable leans onto one leg.

venti nods in understanding, turning to you so excitedly that you could almost see a tail wagging behind him.

you smile, huffing out your nose as he grabs your other hand, holding them between the gap between you both.

"okay, I'll come with you."

venti cheers and a grin spreads on his face. he quickly pecks both your knuckles before jumping back onto the windowsill.

"meet me at the docking station tomorrow morning! I'll see you then!" he then promptly jumps down, dissipating into a flurry of pale blue feathers soon after.

"you both love eachother very much" xiao says unexpectedly. you're smiling softly at where venti was before you turn to him. he doesn't look jealous at all. he actually seems quite calm at the idea.

you nod. "I won't deny that I'm in love with them as I'm in love with you... I don't plan to pursue it, if you worry."

"not at all. I don't care what relationship you have with him. as long as I know.