chapter thirty three

you feel a small shake on your shoulder and groan in your sleep, turning closer into the covers. you hear venti clumsily getting ready (identified by the curses of being unable to find his clothing) in the background, so xiao must have woke you.

"wha is i'...?" you mumble, smiling at the feeling of xiao curling hair behind your ear.

"venti has asked to go to the market. but i can't find our purse." he explains and you chuckle out your nose.

"umm... fink its on the mantel piece... if you need more mora than's there then it's in my bag..." you explain sleepily, xioa hums in confirmation. "don' let venti buy only apples... you guys have to eat actual meals... he'll.. try to put them in his pan's..."

"he'll what-" xiao says, stunned.

"try to shoplift apples in his shorts... now stay safe..." you mumble, turning back over to face the edge of the bed, reaching out your hand to pat his arm.

xiao squeezes your hand, packing a small bag for what he needs as venti gets the house keys.

"ven'i... x'ao..." you mumble, they come to your side.

"yes?" xiao asks.

"kith...?" you ask, slowly opening your eyes before groginess closes them again.

you feel two pecks on your head and smile.

"see you later~♡" venti muses, squeezing your shoulder and standing. xiao hesitates before standing up and following. they head out the door together and venti quickly latches onto xiaos arm.

"we should cook them the best breakfast! what do you think?" venti asks, xiao looks to him frowning slightly.

"it's 11am, by the time we get back it will be much to late to eat breakfast. besides- we were banned from cooking together, remember?"

"psh, I remember- we only caused a few moras damage to the inn!"

"I believe it was half a million. you also got a lifetime ban."

"lifetime shmifetime- I'll just wait till they forget."

"funny. y/n does the same thing-" he clears his throat. "adeptus shmeptis I believe it was"

venti laughs, having to stop and hold his stomach.

"what?" xiao asks, confused.

"sorry, just didn't ever expect you to say something so comical." venti says, reaching his hand out for xiao to take. he hesitates, staring at ventis outstretched hand.

"you don't have to take it, if you don't like. but maybe you could take the liberty of no one knowing who you are here?" venti smiles. xiao huffs out his nose, taking ventis hand in his.

"for the record, it wasn't incase people saw me." xiao says, looking away.

"then why?"

"y/n said... your hands are very sweaty." xiao says bluntly and venti chokes.

"that's so rude! I have a sweating problem okay? it's not my fault! you're the one with the horrendous back sweat!" venti complains. xiao doesn't seem too bothered by the back sweat comment and carries on walking.

suddenly, xiao dissapears. venti is left to look around confused before he hears a familiar (annoying) voice calling him.

"tone deaf bard!" paimon yells, venti puts on a smile and waves over at the two travellers.

"aether, good to see you. paimon- not so much." venti greets, it makes sense why xiao hid now- whilst he'd happily greet aether- it'd be a long winded explanation as to why they're together- and holding hands.