Chapter 15

Steve and I walked into the meeting room. Everyone was already there.

"Sorry for the delay." Steve said. Everyone rose for him and sat down.

"Okay that's new. Yeah don't to that you guys don't have to do that." Steve said. He was blabbering. The man was nervous as hell.

I held his hand and crossed my legs.

"So first off. We give our condolences to Secretary Ross. Second. You may have heard the press meeting this morning. One thing that I did was make y/n my partner, not my 'sidekick' so to say. And yes she's pregnant."

Whispers here and there.

"Captain America- captain Rogers...sir?" One asked.

"Mr Rogers is fine Kyle you know this."

"Yes. Mr Rogers. Uhh was it true that Ross would basically make the rules for you?" Kyle said.

I sat up a bit as the whispers grew.

"Yes. It wasn't my decision though I-"

"Alright." I said and got up. My heels clicked as I walked around the table.

"How many of you truly liked Ross. Honestly. He's dead it's not like he's gonna come and get you." I said. No one raised their hand.

"Good good. You all can hear about how messed up Ross truly was. Honestly I don't give my condolences to Ross. He can burn in hell. Ross had men torture my husband."

Men murmured. My heels continued clicking.

"Ross helped sexually assult me. Keep in mind it was the day after I lost my virginity." I said. A few of the women gasped.

"Ross arranged Steve and I's marriage. We fought together for nine years. We were never lovers. Our relationship now has bloomed but it wasn't our choice." I said.

"Y/n-"

I put a finger up to stop him.

"Ross was not shot from himself practicing his shooting as he said. I shot him. Ross told me that if I wasn't pregnant within three months of starting things, he would forcefully get me pregnant, however he could. And he did." I said.

Everyone looked at Steve.

"Don't look at him that was no fault of his. I swear you're all little minions. Now bottom line. Captain Rogers is now fully in charge." I said.

"What about you agent l/n?"

I sighed.
"My last name is Rogers now. L/n is not there anymore. As for me I will do the same as you all. I listen to my leader." I said.

"Arent you also our leader?" One asked.

"Yes she is." Steve said.

I looked at him. He motioned for me to sit down, so I did.

"Y/n is a partial leader. Now onto her. She's carrying my child which means I have protection everywhere. We will do whatever it takes to protect y/n now, and even more when my child is born." Steve said. Everyone wrote things down.

"Now meeting is done. No more this week. Enjoy your weekend." Steve said.

I looked at Steve and we stood up and walked out. Once we were out he led me down the nearest hallway and kissed me.

I smiled and kissed him back. His leg went between mine.

"God you are so sexy when you take over." He whispered.

"Should we try that in bed sometime?" I asked as he kissed my neck. Thank god no one ever went in this hallway. That's because it's the hallway to the avengers side of the complex.

The avengers side.

I looked at the door as Steve kissed me.

"What's wrong?" Steve asked.

"Hmm? Oh nothing." I said. He stopped kissing me and looked to the door too.

He grabbed my hand and walked over to it with me. I pressed my hand against the pad.

"Welcome y/n l/n. Aka agent l/n."

Steve did the same.

"Welcome Steve Rogers. Aka Captain america."

The door opened and him and I went inside.

Everything felt..... still.

After everything went down I was the only one to live on this side of things.

Steve sighed and looked at our little living room and kitchen.

Steve walked around. He looked everywhere and looked at me.

"This was home." He whispered. "After I got out of the ice this was home."

"Steve." I said. He came over to me and pulled me in.

I looked around the room while he hugged me from the side.

"It reminds me too much of everyone." I said. Little memories flooded of Nat and I laughing on the couch late at night. Wanda and I cooking for everyone. Steve getting made fun of for not knowing how to use social media at the dinner table. Tony and I dancing to 80's hits. Seeing Steve drunk for the first time after some liquor from Thor. Bruce and I playing cards in the morning while Steve read the newspaper and Wanda cooked.

Home.

Steve kissed my head and went to the couch.

He sat down, god the memories of him.

I didn't realize how close we used to be. He would give me advice while sitting on that couch, I would sit on the chair across from him.

I was just a kid.

I sat down on the exact chair. Steve looked at me and smirked.

"What advice do you need to know late at night ms y/n?" Steve asked.

"I can picture you with your beard shaved and your tight long sleeves on at night." I said.

He smiled and I took off my heels before putting my legs criss cross like usual.

"Okay so there's this boy right? And god Steve let me tell you he's so sweet. And hot too he recently started to like tame his beard which he hasn't had one for a long time but that's besides the point. I'm uhh. I'm pregnant with his kid. And he knows and he's so excited. But how do I tell him that I'm scared that I can't be a good parent because I never had any to raise me?"

Steve sighed and smiled.

"Well from what I know, I think you're great with kids. And I think this man is gonna be there every step of the way for you. He sounds like he's gonna be dedicated. It's his fault you're carrying a kid after all. And the man definitely has wanted kids since probably forever at this point. Just be nice to him. Tell him what you're craving so you aren't as cranky, don't overwork yourself, and take it day by day. You'll do amazing things." He said.

He smiled at me. The most genuine smile I have ever seen.

I love this man.