Chapter 33

"Steve?" I asked, seeing that he wasn't in bed when I woke up.

"Steve." I said a little louder.

I got up and went to the closed bathroom. I knocked on the door but there was no answer. I opened the door.

Steve was sitting on the counter, reading one of my face masks.

"Babe." I whispered. He looked up at me and smiled softly.

"What do these things do?" Steve asked.

"They're for your face." I said and smiled softly.

"I wanna try one." Steve said.

I smiled at him. I got to my drawer and found my applicator. I got between his legs.

"How did you get here?" I asked, while putting on the mask. I brushed it on lightly, not getting his beard.

"Well I was wondering where that shampoo was that you had ordered and I couldn't find it but I found this stuff and it looked....fun." Steve said.

I smiled at him. I was close to him. His hands held my waist.

I finished putting it on him.

"Done." I said.

"Is there some left?" He asked.

"Yes." I said, giving him a confused stare.

He got down and hoisted me up on the counter. He took the mask out of my hands and spread my legs open to stand between them.

"Okay." He said. I smiled softly at him as he started putting the mask on me.

Steve worked very carefully on my face. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"Hey by the way. I have food coming for us tonight. Lots. And desserts. And it's just gonna be you and me tonight. Maybe even sex?" Steve asked.

I smirked at him.

"Sounds good." I said.

He finished the mask and kissed me softly. I smiled and pecked his lips after he pulled away.

"Good you're cute." He said. I laughed and pulled him by his waist into another kiss.

..............................................................

Steve sat and ate his strawberries. I sipped on my champagne and smiled at him.

"So lovely. I'm wondering if you want to work on a project with me. I am going to hold an art expo to raise money for family's that have lost their homes or regaining their homes from the blip. Would you like to help organize. You have great taste." He said.

I widened my eyes.
"Yes! Oh my god yes this sounds amazing!" I said.

He smiled at me and kissed my cheek. I was sitting on the island counter beside him.

"Hey umm. Thank you for today." I said.

Steve smiled. A real smile.
"Thank you." He said. "Seriously I feel so happy right now."

I smiled at him. "Me too." I whispered.

He looked down and put his half eaten strawberry on his plate.

"I uhh. I wanna say. I'm gonna start being home more. I think it's been hard to put work aside. And last night was...something else but I realized that I gave a family and I have you." He said.

"Do you wanna talk about last night?" I whispered. "I know you have but like what you remember."

"Umm it was just sex. She didn't hit me or anything. She just said that if I didn't comply with anything Theodore would leak all the videos." He said.