Chapter 32

I woke up with Steve holding me. He had his glasses on and he was scrolling through his phone. My entire body was on top of his as he rested against the headboard.

I looked up at him and laid my head back down. Steve pet my hair lightly.

"Hi." He whispered.

"Hey." I whispered. I pulled myself up more and rested my head in the crook of his neck. He rested his phone and held my waist. He kissed my shoulder.

"Did you sleep ok?" He whispered.

"Mhm." I said. I was still naked. I really didn't fucking care. The only thing running through my mind was that my husband was caring for me.

"Hey I know you're tired so I'm gonna let you sleep in more if you want." He whispered as he let me fall off of him, gently.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I want coffee. Also Amy said that she's gonna keep Ollie for another day." Steve said. He kissed my head and smiled softly at me before getting up and putting on some boxers, along with his robe.

I watched him leave the room.

I got a little bit.

I turned to look up at the ceiling. I felt my chest rise and fall, breathing steadily.

I looked out the window. The sun was shining on New York. The air was warming up. Just a bit. But enough.

I got out of bed and put on my robe, before going to the bathroom.

I got in and washed my face, and brushed my hair. I brushed my teeth and put on some perfume. I went into my closet to find an outfit.

I found a pair of sweats and a long sleeve

I found a pair of sweats and a long sleeve. These were my actual clothes. Not gifted. Mine from downstairs.

I walked out and into the kitchen. Steve was sitting with his coffee on the couch.

I came over and sat next to him. He wrapped an arm around me, watching the news.

"There's extra coffee if you want." He said.

I smiled and got up. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a mug, pouring myself a cup. I grabbed the cream from the fridge and added some sugar as well. Once it was the way I liked it I went back into the living room.

I sat down again next to Steve. He softly rubbed my back as we sat in comfortable silence.

I set down my coffee after a few minutes and grabbed a blanket for the both of us, laying it on us.

Steve sighed softly and I looked up at him.

"What?" I asked.

He looked sad and happy at the same time.
"I'm really sorry." Steve whispered.

"For what?" I asked.

He stared off. He looked upset now.

"Steve?"

"I've done what I promised that I wouldn't. I can't look at you without guilt straight to my core." He said.

"Steve...."

He stared at me with tears in his eyes.
"Y/n Stacy kissed me. She did more than that she tried to get in my pants. I tried to stop her and explained I had a wife. She uhh- she works for Theodore." He whispered.

I sat up a bit. I moved to face him on the couch.

I brought my knees up to my chest.

"What did- what did she do?" I asked. He looked away.

"Y/n I didn't want to do any of it I swear to you it meant nothing. Why does Theodore keep coming back? That's why I was mad last night. I truly went down to do work and then she umm- she made me a drink and she drugged me and brought me to my old apartment. And then umm the drugs went down. I was left alone with a note. I love you I'm so sorry." He sobbed. He was shaking.

"Do you remember anything?" I asked softly.

"Yeah. Every second. The things that she drugged me with though it made me weak, like I felt frozen. My mind was still working." He said. "I didn't want to tell you I knew you were already skeptical and I wouldn't have let that happen in a million years. I had guards remove her. She doesn't work here anymore. Y/n I'm so sorry." He said. I watched him wipe his tears and stare at his hands.

I sat there, taking everything in.

"It's okay Steve. Hey come here." I said. I pulled him in and rubbed his back. He laid me back on the couch and laid with me as I stroked his hair.

He calmed his breath.
"You have every right to be angry with me." He whispered.

"No no no. Hey Theodore...did stuff to me too. It's okay. I've been there it's okay. We are in blackmail right now. What else can we do?" I asked lightly.

"You're right. I just felt so guilty and you asked if we were doing anything and I had to lie and I hated it I felt like I was actually trying to cheat at that point." He said.

I kissed his head. "No." I whispered.

"I feel like every time I try to make my relationship fight with you something happens and I feel so fucking bad about it." He said.

"We will get there." I said.

"We can't keep helping each other even when the other is at their lowest though." He whispered.

"We will make it." I said.

"Will we?" He asked, looking up at me.

I gave him a stare.
"Yes."

He got up and wiped his excess tears. He tried getting up but I pulled him back on the couch.

"No." I said. "You're not gonna walk away now." I said.

Steve looked down and sat back down. I held his hand and his cat may came up.

"Hi girl." He said softly, his voice cracking for all the tears. I scratched and rubbed Steve's back lightly.

He looked at the cat and started crying again. I pulled him in and let his head lay on my shoulder.

"I feel so used and guilty." He said.

"It's okay." I whispered. He hugged my waist more.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I said. I planted a long kiss on his head.

He pulled up and looked at me with his teary eyes. I wiped away his excess tears.

"Hey. We're gonna be okay." I said. He nodded lightly, giving me his puppy eyes.

I pecked his lips and he immediately melted.

"Oh?" I said and chuckled, looking at him.

"Nooo kiss me again." He said.

I kissed him again, a little longer this time. He melted into my kiss and wrapped his arms around me more.

He smiled into the kiss.

"You melt my problems away." He whispered.

"Hmm. Not exactly but I'll take it." I said. He kissed me again.

I promise you guys, this story is gonna get happy soon :)