Chapter 24

I woke up with Steve against my back. He was spooning me.

I turned around and rested my head in his chest. He wrapped his arms around me more.

I knew he was awake at this point. He was probably awake before because he usually doesn't sleep close to me at night. He gets too hot.

I closed my eyes and curled up against him more.

Yesterday was so exhausting. The baby wasn't here and I was honestly in need of a therapist.

A real one.

Steve could tell that I was still upset about yesterday. He even let me fall asleep on the couch with him. He probably carried me back to the bedroom.

Except this wasn't our bedroom. The bed didn't feel the same.

"Are we in the guest room?" I asked.

"Yeah." He whispered.

I snuggled up to him more. He kissed my head and wrapped my leg around him, holding my thigh.

"Is that okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said. I felt safer. I actually slept not being in our room.

"How are you doing after last night?" I asked him.

"I should be asking you this." He said.

"You know my answer. I'm asking you." I said.

"I'm worried about you." He said.

"Im okay." I said.

"No I'm dead serious. Y/n I have seen you crack once. It wasn't pretty." He said.

Yeah. After the blip. I was so depressed that I didn't leave my bed for days. I didn't eat. I was so numb.

"I won't go back to that." I said.

"You're under a lot of pressure and stress." He said. "I am wondering if you want to take a few days a week to be here with Ollie."

I knew he was gonna ask me this cause I heard him talking about it.

I pushed back off of him. He looked down at me.

"Whatever you think is best. You're the leader." I said softly.

"No I'm the leader outside of this penthouse. Here I'm your husband." He said.

"Yeah so you can boss me around I guess." I said.

"Hey don't play that way. I'm saying I would recommend you take some time off for your mental health, but I wouldn't force that" he said.

"Sorry." I said. He rolled over onto his back.

"It's fine. God my back hurts." He said.

"Here." I said softly. I turned him over on his stomach. He grunted and I got on top of him, sitting on his ass.

"Y/n you don't have to-"

"Shut up." I said. I took his shirt off and threw it somewhere.

He put his head on his arms and let out a deep sigh.

"Even the leader needs to relax I guess." He said.

"I agree." I said softly. I kissed his spine and continued to rub his back.

"I will take some days off." I said softly. He swiftly turned around and pulled me off of him, getting level with me.

"I'm not saying to do it to make me happy. Please know this." He said.