Chapter 17

{6 months later}
Steve woke with nightmares again.

"Hey. Love it's just a dream. Come here it's just a dream." I said. I heard his heavy breathing.

He moved closer to me and wrapped his arms around me, resting his head on my chest. I massaged his scalp lightly.

"Just a dream," I whispered and kissed his head. He wrapped his arms farther around me.

I looked up at the ceiling and rubbed his back. I felt his breathing start to calm. He rested one of his hands on my stomach.

"Steve." I said softly.

"Mhm."

"We're safe. Say it." I whispered.

"We're safe." He said.

"Atta boy." I said.

My baby bump was now very easy to see. I was now six and a half months in.

Steve rubbed my stomach lightly. He really loved that I was pregnant, but he was so scared for our safety.

"I'm gonna get up. I won't be able to fall back asleep." Steve said.

"No. It's three am. You're gonna get sleep Steven." I said. He gave me a soft stare and I brought my hand up to his bearded cheek.

"Stay." I said.

He complied and laid back down.

I kissed his forehead and laid back.

Steve sat up and kissed my cheek before becoming big spoon. I smiled and closed my eyes.

......................................................

(Your outfit)

(Your outfit)

I stood at the mirror and looked at my belly. Nothing I had looked cute on me anymore. I felt so stupid.

Steve came over and looked at me.
"You look pretty." He said.

"Shut the fuck up." I said.

He put his hands up in defeat.

"Sorry I said anything." He said and laughed.

"I'm sorry- I just don't feel pretty anymore. I mean I try to dress nice but nothing looks good and I feel like I'm trying to show it off that I'm pregnant and-"

I broke down. God I was emotional.

Steve came over and held me tight. This was nothing new this stage. Anything could make my hormones fly through the roof.

"Baby you look perfect. I promise. You are seriously the sexiest pregnant mama that I have ever seen." He said. I sniffed and looked up at him.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Honey I know so." He said. I smiled through the tears and hugged him again.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too. Hey also you have that checkup today. We're going okay?" He said. I nodded softly.

He kissed me and wiped away my tears.

"Only badasses can wear heels while pregnant." He said.

"Mhm." I said. I looked down at my heels on my feet.

"Let's go." He said. He brought his arm out for me to take before we left.

.......................................................

"So we are gonna have a look at your baby today. And would you like the gender reveal?" She asked.

I looked at Steve.

"I'm good with it. You good?" I asked him as she put the cold jelly on my stomach.

"Yeah. We can start decorating then." He said. I smiled softly at him.

The nurse started using her tools. I saw the baby on the screen.

"From what I can see.....you two are going to have a little boy. Congratulations. Now from what I'm seeing too your baby is very healthy and normal. Mr Rogers your child might have super soldier serum in him, but I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary." She said. I smiled at Steve as he kissed my hand. He watched the monitor and looked at our little boy.

For the first time this whole entire pregnancy, I was actually quite excited.

I looked at Steve. He had those little sparks in his eyes. He was so excited.

All that he truly wanted was to be a dad. I knew that. I just hoped that I could be a good mom along with it.

Steve looked at me and smiled. He had a real smile, not a fake one.

At this moment I knew, Steve is going to be the happiest man alive pretty soon here.

This is a filler chapter, and I know it skipped a lot, and it's gonna skip again. I just want to get to the good stuff :)