chapter 70

The shadow disappears and I kick the door in.

I hear a masculine scream from under me. I look down and see no one. Basement. I take a step forward before pain engulfs me. I scream and fall to the floor. Tony's face appears in front of me.

"Summer? How may I help?"

"Stand." I gasp out. He helps me stand and I close my eyes. I feel my power crackle under my skin.

Wolves are in trouble.

My eyes snap open and a whole new level of power takes over me. Tony gasps and backs away from me. Something directs me down the hall and towards a door. I kick it and it doesn't budge. I use more force and it flies open. I descend into the dark but my light illuminates the room.

"Stop!" Someone yells, someone like Tyler.

I walk past all sorts of cells but pay no attention to all the wolves or beings in them. My sole purpose right now is to protect mate.

I get to a metal door. I try to open it but it is locked. I grip the handle and let my electricity zap the shit out of it, making the electronic lock disarm. I slam the door open and see Tyler chained to a chair. His eyes snap up in fear before he gasps.

This room is a torture room. Blood on the floor, chains everywhere, weapons on a table, and almost sound proof. Almost.

I walk towards Tyler slowly, getting a feel of the place around me. He is shaking his head violently.

"No! Go back, Summer." I freeze midstep. I look in his eyes and see many emotions. "Please, baby. It isn't safe here for you."

I open my mouth to speak before cackling erupts from behind me. I shut my mouth and a growl escapes me. Tyler's eyes widen in shock.

I turn around and come face to face with someone I've never met. He gasps and stumbles back. "Your fucking eyes!"

I take a step forward before pinning him to the wall by his neck. "Why did you take him?" My anger and authority ring through.

His eyes widen. "M-my a-alpha wants t-to get r-rid of t-the r-royal wolves."

My grip tightens and he claws at my arm. "Who's your alpha?"

"I-i c-can't tell y-you. Please, don't k-kill me. I-i'm only f-following orders." He begs.

"Summer, baby, he's telling the truth. Let him go." Tyler says. I drop my arm and turn to help Tyler. I freeze when I see the barrel of a gun aimed at me. Not from Tyler. No, from a guy standing behind him.

I narrow my eyes and the person laughs, making Tyler jump. His eyes widen.

"There's more?" He whines.

"Shoot me. I dare you." I taunt him.

"No!" Tony yells. The guy laughs and aims this gun at my head and fires. I duck and roll forward. I stop in a crouch and jump over Tyler to tackle the gunman to the ground.

I punch him in the jaw repeatedly. And his head falls to the side. Finally! Took him long enough. I freeze when I feel something cold on the back of my head.

I lean closer to the knocked out guy and the pressure loosens. I jump forward then pivot and kick the guy in the head.

"Shit!" Tony seems shocked.

I grab the gun and slide it between my waist band and skin then I pull my shirt over it. I search around for a thin metal to pick the lock. Tony hands me a hair pin.

"I have a sister who thought it would be funny to put those in all my pockets." He explains. I nod and begin to unlock the cuffs.

"How are you not in pain?" Tony asks. Tyler takes a sharp breath. Shit. Forgot all about the halfbreed crap.