chapter 74

"Holy crap!" I yell looking at the massive building. "It looks exactly the same!"

It looks exactly the same as before. Its like nothing ever happened and I am so grateful for it. I make my way towards the back and stop at a certain pine tree that has a small bullet mark in the tree. I press the tiny button in the hole and it opens up. I grab all my spare folders and hand them to Jack to help carry. I call a few men who also begin to help. We make our way to my office and I see Maggie listened to me.

"Oh shit. Summer, why did Maggie do that?" Jack asks, seeing the gift I asked for. I asked Maggie to put Jack's name on the golden sign that has my name. It shows that he is also a leader and is a boss.

"Welcome, best friend, to the job of leader. I asked Maggie to have your name their too because now, you are helping me run this place." I set the box I was carrying on the desk and motion for them to put it on the spare table.

"What now boss?" One of the guys ask.

I meet his eyes and lean forward. "Teach the newbies a lesson. Make it about having your partner's back." I turn towards the box and see they are still standing there. "Well go!" They scramble off like bugs.

I pull my phone and keys from my pockets and place them on the desk. I meet Jack's eyes.

"Well, guess we get to file all this crap!" I fake a cheery voice.

°•°•°

"Never again will I want to file!" Jack crys out. He falls ungracefully onto the couch which is laying against the wall. I lean back in my chair and throw my feet on my desk.

"I agree with ya, and to think we still have desk work to do!" I whine.

Jack groans. "Wake me up in a few hours and I'll consider helping again." He rests his arm over his head and kicks his shoes off.

My phone starts to vibrate and I pick it up, not looking at caller ID.

"Hello?" I ask, closing my eyes and leaning my head back.

"Hello, love. I was just checking in on you." Tyler's sweet voice says.

"Hey baby, I'm fine, just tired." I tell him honestly.

"Why?" I hear the shuffle of papers over the phone.

"I'm just getting my work back up and running. Jack and I just filed all my spare files and now I have to work on actual work." I tell him.

"I'm doing the same thing, babe. I'm working sad to say. I wish you were here. Jake says he's bored without you but I secretly think that he thinks I'm a dick without you."

I chuckle. "Well don't mess with them too badly. I want something to do when I head back home."

I hear him laugh. "I miss you so fucking much, love. I want you here beside me right now and Carson is whining for you too. You should come and visit."

"Well, I would but I'm not at home and you said three days. I can wait three days for you, if it means I can see you again. And what, can't the big bad Alpha handle not having his mate around for a few days? Is he that sensitive?" I ask before laughing.

He growls playfully at me. "Shut up." I laugh even harder.

I hear someone enter the room and I snap my eyes open to see my men walking in.

"Hold on a second," I whisper into the phone before placing on the desk and looking up to the guys. "What the hell do you want?"

"Boss, we have a fighting issue in the training room right now, could you fix it?" One of the asks with his head lowered.