chapter 91

I slam my foot on the gas and grip the wheel with both my hands. I righten the car and narrowly avoid hitting three others.

He sighs and slouches in the seat. "Please never do that again." He begs.

I nod and focus on the road but my mind thinks differently. I have to talk to Tyler about my job and about the offer I got. Will he let me go to the apprenticeship or will he keep me from leaving?

How will I tell him I got promoted to commander and that my life is really on the line now. Will he be okay with it? Will he want me to quit? And what about racing? I want to do that again really badly. You have no idea how bad.

We get to the hospital and I park the car. Tyler is out and waiting for me. I turn it off and grip the keys tightly. I sigh and hop out, my steps longer to catch up to Tyler.

"Kyle Wolfe please. What room?" I yell across the waiting room before Tyler gets to the bench.

"Miss, please, quiet down. We have sleeping guests here." The clerk woman says.

I catch her eye and se erhat is rhe same chick that was here when Tyler was in here. "Lady, listen closesly to my words." I lean over the desk and whisper threateningly. "I do not give a shit. I want to the room number to Kyle Wolfe. My father in law is in there so you will give me that number."

Tyler pulls me away from my shoulders and slaps an ID on the desk while shoving his wallet into his back pocket. "Kyle Wolfe's room please." He practically growls out.

The clerk woman leans back in her seat with a smirk as something glints in her eyes. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

Tyler is shaking and I place my hand on his arm. I match her smirk with my own. "Watch this bitch." I warn her before breaking into uncontrollable tears and hysterics.

"P-p-please. H-he's my father-in-law!" I cry out and gain the attention from people around us. Tyler looks scared and tries to calm me down while pulling me against his chest. He runs his hand against my back to soothe me. A few people start to whisper about how selfish the bitch in front of me is.

Her face pales and she begins typing on her keyboard. I instantly sober up and plaster my signature smirk on my face.

"Room 312." She snaps out. I flip her the bird and skip off to the elevator.

"Thanks bitch!" I sing out as Tyler follows behind me. The doors close with a ding and I press the button for the third story while Tyler turns to look at me.

"I am training is decieving too. Fake crying on command is a skill I learned at a very young age. Why do you think I have all the books I do?" I tell him.

He pulls me against his chest and wraps his arms around me. I rest my head on his chest and wrap my arms around him. "Your ID is in my butt pocket." I inform him.

"When did you get that?" He asks, completely baffled.

"You left it on the desk and I don't trust that desk lady with it one bit." He reaches in my pocket and pulls his ID out.

"Well hell. Good job." He praises and sticks it in his wallet.

"Thanks." I mutter as the bell dings and the doors swish open. We walk through and the only noise around is the thumping of my combat boots and an occasional beeping noise.

My whole body tenses in preparation of flight as I walk with Tyler down the hall to room 312. He holds my hand tightly in his.

"Baby, I don't want to sound paranoid but this place is quiet. Too quiet." Tyler whispers.