Chapter Twelve

A/N: Listen to the song above for this chapter! It's important to the chapter There's also going to be some Randy content because I feel like I'm lacking Randy content!

You, Sidney and Randy continue watching the movie. The guards behind you are way engrossed. As you near the end of the movie, your phone rings in your pocket. You grab it and look at the caller ID. It's Hayden. It's been two weeks since you last talked. He only called you to tell you about his new job which is an accountant. How the hell he got that job you didn't know. You can't bring yourself to answer so you hang up and put it back in your pocket. I'll call him later, you thought.

On the screen, it's the end of the movie. Tori Spelling and Reese Witherspoon are running for their lives from two killers - Johnny Depp and his sidekick. The two girls find themselves trapped in the kitchen. Johnny Depp holds the knife up to Tori's face as Reese bleeds out on the floor, clutching her substantial stab wound. 

"Why did you kill my mother?" Tori whimpers.

"Because she was sleeping with my dad. She's the reason my mom left. She was a whore just like you."

These words sting Sidney massively. Randy notices her flinching and he puts a hand on her shoulder, comforting her. Memories fly back in your head; Billy telling you his motive, Randy being shot, Hayden being stabbed. A warm, sweet tear runs down your soft cheek.

On the screen, the explanation continues. "My mom was no whore! Don't you say that."

"Whore. Whore. Whore. Whore," he taunts. The taunting words echo in your mind. Tears find their way down Sidney's cheek while one or two tears come down your cheeks.

Johnny Depp and his murderous sidekick sidekick start stabbing each other. "It's the perfect alibi, Sidney!"

"Just like in the movies," the sidekick says.

Sidney can't take it anymore. She gets up and races out of the theatre. Sid emerges from the theatre and into the lobby. She moves into a curtained section where a water fountain is. You and Randy fly out of the theatre. Tears pour down your cheeks as you exit outside looking for her. The cops are right behind you. 

"Hello, Sidney."

Sidney spins around. Cotton Weary stands before her, shoulders slumped, his face pained. 

"Cotton."

"Can we talk, Sid?"

"I don't think that's a good idea," Sidney replies reluctantly.

"Look, yesterday wasn't my idea. That was all Gale and dollar signs and ratings."

"What do you want from me, Cotton?"

"You could start with an apology."

"She doesn't have to apologise for anything," you say as you enter the lobby. Cotton gives you a confused look while Sidney gives you an apologetic look. Randy appears behind you, a frown on his face. 

"I did that," Sidney says, ignoring you.

"You wrote me a letter. Very cordial. Very appropriate."

Sidney has had enough and she fires back. "How? What could I say that would make a difference? I took away a year of your life - how do I apologise for that?"

"I wish it was just a year. I lost everything because of you. I have nothing now. Look at me, this is what I've become."

Well what did you expect?  you thought. You clench your fists tight until your nails dig hard enough in your palm that it hurts. You shake uncontrollably. Randy puts a hand hand on your back and rubs circles until you calm down. "Calm down, Y/N," he whispers. You find yourself calming down and slowly easing. You begrudgingly hold Randy's hand for comfort.