Beware the Black bird

Recap:

 "Patricia is unbelievable," I said, wiping the tears away. "I mean I understand she's worried about Joy, but I've never met anyone who'd go over the top with things."

"True," Nina sniffed. "So, we might as well get ready for bed, it's almost nine."

                                                                             ***

"It's ten o'clock!" Victor yelled from downstairs. I frowned. "You have five minutes precisely and then I want to hear a pin... drop." I raised my eyebrows before giggling.

 "That sounds ridiculous!" Nina laughed quietly. Eventually we fell asleep, with my last thought being about Patricia. What's she going to do tomorrow? I hate to think... I mean after what she's done in a small amount of time, how much can she do with more time?   

*Patricia's P.O.V*

"Three minutes!" Victor yelled.

 "I'm going as fast as I can Captain Curfew!" I said, cleaning my toothbrush. I raised my head to look in the mirror and gasped; on the mirror, there was writing.

Help me, Joy!

Beware the Black bird

*Patricia's P.O.V*

I ran to Mara's room. Luckily, she and Amber were both awake, which would have to save me the trouble of having to wake them up.

"Come quickly!" I gasped. Amber looked up from her magazine, looking surprised.

 "What is it?" Mara asked, finally looking up from her text book.

"Joy!" I said. I opened the door to the bathroom, only to find Nina wiping the mirror with a towel. "What are you doing?"

 "Cleaning the mirror," she answered, running the towel over the mirror a final time.

"Didn't you see what was on it?" I demanded, furious that it was gone.

 "Steam," she shrugged, looking confused. She is unbelievable! 

"She's wiped it off!" I said. "It said Help me, Joy! And now it looks like I'm going crazy!" 

 "Take it easy Patricia!" Mara said calmly, putting a hand on my shoulder. I angrily pulled away, glaring at Nina. How could she?

"This is what she wanted, she's involved I'm telling you!" I snarled. "Her sister too!"

 "I didn't see anything on the mirror when I wiped the steam off, except for myself!" She said earnestly. "I swear!"

"Why are you girls not in bed?" Victor's voice floated down the corridor. I shot a filthy look at him. Why does he have to turn up everywhere? He's only been feeding everyone lies!

 "I don't want to share with her," I spat, pointing at Nina.

"I could sleep on the floor anyway or I could just sleep on the couch!" she gabbled.

 "No one is going anywhere," Victor said. "Now get to your rooms." I pushed past Nina. 

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" I shrieked, opening the door and slamming it shut. I shot into bed just as the door opened softly and a ray of light lit the dark floor. It closed silently, the light disappearing.

*Nina's P.O.V*

I woke up suddenly by the loud alarm. I saw Holly strech out an arm and feel around for the alarm clock.