Murder is NOT a nice sound

We updated for the people- person reading this. Next time there'd better be 3 votes, minimum! Maximum is infinity votes : )

*Holly's P.O.V*

Me and Nina left our room quietly. We didn't want to wake Amber. Fabian was waiting for us.

"Come on!" I whispered

 "Wait, how're we going to get in?" asked Fabian

Nina took a hair grip out of he hair and held it up.

"Ah," said Fabian

She began picking the lock of the door for the attic. We entered. We set up the phonograph.

"Now what?" asked Nina

Fabian pointed to a handle. "We turn this." He began to turn it slowly. I waited then almost had a heart attack when the most terrifying sound filled the room. A high-pitched, blood-curling scream sounded. I gasped but it wasn't audible at all. The scream died away. My heart was racing.

"What was that?" Fabian said

 "I don't know," sighed Nina "But it was way creepier than I was hoping."

"It sounded like a scream," I said, shaking

 "Yeah, or a moan," said Nina

"Please don't say what I think you're going to say," I begged her

 "A death bed moan," she said

"Aw you said what I thought you were going to say," I said wincing

 "Sounded like someone who really doesn't want to die," Nina whispered

"That's er very descriptive," said Fabian "Anyway this one looks like it's blank."

 "That's why it made that sound?" I asked "Man, I'm really hating Edison if that's true. Here try this one."

I handed it to him.

"Wind it faster this time," suggested Nina

Fabian wound it faster. The same scream came out of the horn

"TURN IT OFF!" yelled Nina

 "I've only ever used MP3s before!" Fabian yelled back over the scream

I yanked the horn out. The screaming stopped. Thank God! We all sighed, relieved.

"Lets not try another one," I said, breathing hard "Please, I'm begging you. I think I've gone a little dea-"

We heard the door slam downstairs. We all looked at each other horrified. Then we all hissed "Victor!". I made for the secret room. I placed my locket on it. The panel swung open. We all hurried inside. His footsteps became clearer. Nina was shivering. She tried rubbing her arms but clearly she was not getting any warmer. Fabian took off his jacket and wrapped it around her. Yes they'd be the perfect couple. They looked so cute sitting next to each other- oh my gosh, focus Holly focus! Finally we heard the door slam again and the fading sound of Victor's loud foot steps. We immediatly left the attic and went back to bed.

"I can't believe we got away," said Nina "Night."

 "Can't believe you got away with what?" said a voice as soon as we entered the room

Amber was awake.

"What, no nothing!" said Nina "Nothing at all."

 "Sneaking around with Fabian at the middle of the night, your heart's beating really fast, and you think you got away with something..." said Amber. She gasped. "You had a secret date!" I looked around and sighed, relieved. If she said that to me I'd be going crazy; Fabian was made for Nina not for me.