She's dead!?!

Recap:

 "No p-p-please d-don't hurt m-m-m-me J-J-Jerome!" I stammered

His hand moved down to my throat. Déjà vu. I remembered when he almost strangled me. Suddenly I screamed, but it was cut short by Jerome, very quickly, pulling me up and clamping his hand over my mouth.

"Don't you dare do that again," he said "When I take my hand away, you are not going to scream, you understand me?"

I nodded. He took his hand away. Before he could do anything else I sprinted upstairs to safety.                       

She's dead!?!

*Holly's P.O.V*                       

"Since we're all grounded," said Fabian at school "Guess we could use the extra time to study those hieroglyphics."

 "And?" I asked

"Nothing," said Fabian "Like total dead end, the internet has just never heard of them!"

   "So it won't be as easy as before, like the symbols and letters for the eighth step," sighed Nina "Things were so much simpler back at the last clue."

"Have you thought any more about taking all this stuff to my uncle?" asked Fabian

Nina bit her lip.

"How else are we going to find out what they are?" said Fabian

 "Ok, lunch time then?" suggested Nina

Fabian nodded.

                                                                                        ***

*Nina's P.O.V*

"Uncle Ade?" called Fabian "Uncle Ade!"

 "Customers!" said a man putting down an object and a magnifying glass "How wonderful! I haven't had a customer all week!"

"We're not customers Uncle Ade," said Fabian grinning "It's me Fabian? Hence the uncle greeting."

 "No," he whispered "No no that's not Fabian." He came closer to him and examined his face. Fabian waved, still smiling. I smiled slightly too. "Ah yes, so it is. I must get new glasses." He took them off and polished them. He put them on again. "And who are these fair maidens beside you? Could one of them be your girlfriend per chance?"

I felt my face go red. Why do I have to go red now? Why now?

"No no no," said Fabian "This is Nina, she's just a friend."

I waved. Holly cleared her throat loudly. Fabian looked at her.

"Oh right this is Holly, my other friend, Nina's sister," he said hastily

 "Hello Fabian. It feels so nice to finally be visible at last," she said sarcastically shaking his hand

Uncle Ade smiled.

"Well would you like a glass of lemonade?" he offered "And how about some lunch? I've made some bubble and squeak."

 "I'll try anything once," said Holly "Even though it's named after the guinea pigs me and Nina had when we were five."

"Bubble and squeak is an english delicacy. Come through and tell me how I can be of assitance," he said

We followed him through the shop.

"Well we found some old things, and wanted to know what they were," said Fabian casually

I pulled out the cylinders and the odd hexagonal prism.