Ceremony

Recap:

 "If you mean that I also have the  Seven Acolytes then yes that has all been arranged," Victor said. My head was spinning. Chosen One? Ankh pieces? Seven Acolytes?

"Oh yes, tipping the scales of life, that old legend." Didn't Sarah mention that someone wanted to " tip the scales of life?" There was a short pause.  "But I know what the really means. Now, you'd better tell me where Joy is or I'll make you. Because only I know the truth. And only I know what will really happen when the Chosen one and the cup will come together." His voice became menacingly soft. "Now tell me where she is. "

Mrs Mulligan strode past us.

 "What's going on?" She asked, pushing the door open. "Rene?"  He brushed past me rudely, his fingers scraping against the cuts on my arm. "You of all people should show some respect!" Her eyes fell on Sarah's things tossed about. "Oh my goodness..."

Victor's menacing eyes were fixed on Nina and I.

Ceremony

*Nina's P.O.V*

"Rufus is definitely one of them," I said. After Holly and I had got back from Sarah's funeral, we were talking to the rest of the Sibuna, telling them what we had over heard from Rufus and Victor. "Oh and listen to this: he said Joy was the Chosen One."

 "I told you she was part of it!" Alfie said, pointing a triumphant finger at Patricia.

"Alfie, she is not part of it," Patricia scowled. "Maybe she's not... choosing to be Chosen." There was a long silence and she sighed. "We need to get hold of her."

 "So Rufus is one of them?" Amber asked.

"Was," Holly corrected her. "Either they kicked him out or he left or something. Oh and Victor thinks Rufus has the puzzle pieces."

 "He called them Ankh pieces though," I reminded her. "They might be more than just clues.

"Okay listen guys, I have news too," Fabian said,  "I overheard the teachers talking and tonight they'll be initiating Jason fully into the society."

 "Does this mean we're going back down to the cellar?" Alfie said uneasily.

"Miss Martin?" Holly and I turned around to see Victor. "Both of you. A word. My office." We got up and followed him, looking uneasily at the others. What did he want? We sat in his office, staring at the wall as he circled the office like a hawk searching for it's prey. "I know, that you know that Emily Grant is Sarah Frobisher-Smythe, so we shall not pretend. I also know that you know of her link to this house." After a moment of silence Holly spoke.

 "She said that she used to live her when she was a child," she said. "But that's all."

"Listen to me carefully," Victor sighed, sinking into the chair opposite us. "Rufus Zeno is very dangerously. Surely you have already seen that?" We nodded. "I can protect you."

 "We don't know anything else," I said quietly. "Only that Rufus is after Joy's Dad. That's why she's gone into hiding."

"That's what you told us at least, "Holly added.

 "VICTOR - DELIVERY!" Trudy called from downstairs.

"You may leave," he said curtly. We walked out of his office and down into the entrance hall, where the rest of Sibuna were waiting. They all looked extremely relieved to see me.

 "You okay Nina?" Fabian asked. I smiled shyly.

"We're fine," I said quietly, answering both for me and Holly. Victor took a wooden box upstairs."Just tryin' to shake the Victor off."