Episode 8 ; gods toy

As soon as the quest appeared in my face the entire stadium had fallen into a deathly silence. It made sense. One of the 8 patron gods of their savior had appeared in front of them in some form. It would be strange to say it wasn't a shock to them all.

Each and every person in the stands was bowing to the open air as if the god was really here in person, showing just how much devotion or fear they had in this god.

Looking at Mia's box i saw a man and woman were still standing upright unlike she was in a slightly bowing position. One had pitch black antlers on full display while the other had ordinary black horns protruding from her skull. "The sovereign and his bride..."

The man responsible for starting the invasion of Laegii was right next my current ally. I had learned he had killed his own father just to start that stupid war in the past two days of free time, only growing my detest for him when i planned to have nothing to do with him.

Seething quietly under my skin the rage i felt coming through Thorn made it difficult to remain statute as i leered up at him.

[berserk wind demon asks what machinations spirit is doing?]

[machinations spirit says the isle's tournament was lackluster and wishes to make it exciting]

[berserk wind demon states its not spirit machinations place to interfere with lessers!]

The two kept arguing with their messages leaving me and Thorn a little surprised by the disharmony between the gods. I questioned why none of the other gods were showing but i guess they didn't care for this stuff.

'Guess even gods on the same side hate each other.'

Yeah... get over here, Thorn. We don't know what he's going to do. I may need your help.

[the quest contents have been finalized!]

As the quest revealed itself Thorn appeared from thin air in the stands and started sprinting his way over 'I'm in a good mood so why not.'

+
Quest category: duel

Quest name: metal vs flesh

Objective: machinations spirit wishes to test a recent creation against your resolve. Defeat his 'personal Vjestikhan prototype; Dwarmer' and show that flesh trumps metal

Time limit: 30 minutes

Success: 10,000 shards

Failure: death
+

'So fake your death or go for the measly reward?' Arriving at my side the shadowy wolf's jaw was still covered in blood along with his paws that dripped across the floor leaving bloody paw prints.

"It seems better to just die honestly but I'm curious about how dangerous a 'vjestikhan' is." Still glancing through the quest tabs contents I responded quickly to Thorn.

Cracking my knuckles i got ready as the floating screen vanished, covering myself in translucent amber [ether scales] and gripping [severed epitaph] tightly in my hand.

"I'm surprised your not bowing like everyone else."

Turning around i spotted two familiar faces. It was the two guards of the 'Phoenix-barb' clan. Their captain was missing and judging by the looks on their faces they were used to such situations.

"I'm not one for bowing to open air. Anyways your... Jeff, right?"

"...yes. I am Jeff." Confusion briefly covered his face and then it turned into insult as he got an elbow into his stomach.

"It's Jeremy actually. I'm Fredrick, mind if we lend a hand?"

"What was that for?!"

The two's childish bickering reminded me of Damian and Kyle's constant fights with each other back in laegii from Cayde's memory. Even when Arthur was in front of them they'd always find an excuse to squabble. "Where's your captain?"