v.

five you taste good

「 five ♥ you taste good 」

I stared at the clock.

5:59 pm.

I fiddled with my ring again, twisting it around and around. 5:59. 5:59.

6:00.

Why was I so anxious? I paced the length of my kitchen. Why did I care?

Because you hate him, the bigger part of me said. Because you can't stand him. You don't want him here at all.

But there was still that one, small part of me which insisted that-

The doorbell rang, interrupting my thoughts. I walked over to the door, opening it to reveal-

"Rowen."

"Alaska."

I almost smiled. "What happened to Hawaii?"

He smirked. "I can always bring it back."

"No need," I said quickly, grabbing his coat and hanging it on a rack.

He thanked me quietly, heading into my living room. Getting out his script, he scanned the scenes.

"Act two scene one, maybe?" he offered.

I glanced down at my own script after settling on the couch across from him. Act two scene one consisted of Jaiden and Levi chatting about everything that went wrong between the two. It would be good for memorization.

"Sure," I answered, quickly reading over my parts and then placing the script on the table.

He did the same, leaning back on the couch.

"So, let's talk about it," Rowen said, beginning the scene

"There's nothing to talk about," I snapped.

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Eventually, we have to face the past."

I bit the inside of my cheek and refused to make eye contact with him, as if pondering my decision thoroughly.