xxvi.

twenty-six lie to me
tw: mentions of suicide and self-harm

「 twenty-six ♥ lie to me 」tw: mentions of suicide and self-harm

We were back to filming. I asked Rowen not to tell anyone about the incident two nights ago, so no one knew except him and the doctors that treated me. Not even Braelyn.

I'd never done anything like that before, and I never thought I would. Self-harm has always been an issue for me. Of course, I'd dealt with suicidal thoughts. I'd juggled the ideas of dying in my head but never attempted it. Not until those stupid, little voices took control of every sane thought in my body.

I took a large breath and stepped out of my dressing room. Rowen was outside alone in the hallway, and, as if he had an Alaska Detector attached to him, he immediately turned to me. His smile reached his eyes.

God, his smile.

When I approached him, he reached out a hand to brush my hair back behind my face. Then, as if remembering that we were just friends, he pulled his hand back and cleared his throat.

"You excited to get back to filming, Cassidy?"

Cassidy. Some parts of me hated the nostalgia of that nickname.

"I am, Hendrix." I watched his face contort the slightest bit, knowing that he remembered those times. "So excited."

He just nodded, looking off at the set. The scene we were filming today included more Levi and Jaiden bonding time.

I stared at him as he kept his eyes away from mine. His words from yesterday played in my head on repeat. You need to learn how to love yourself before you can learn to love someone else.

But what if I already love you, Rowen Hendrix?

"How was your night last night?" he asked me, redirecting his attention back to me. "How are you feeling?"

The feeling of someone checking up on me was the most I could ever ask for. "It was good. I got lots of sleep."

"I'm glad. Do that every night, yeah? For me." He winked, and I chuckled.

"For you," I repeated.

"For me," he mumbled.

His finger grazed the inside of my wrist and bolts of electricity shot up my arm. Every nerve was on fire from his touch. God, what are you doing to me, Rowen Hendrix?

I wet my lips and looked at our hands. Every part of me wanted to pull him to me. Kiss his lips until I forgot what it felt like to breathe. Wrap my arms around his waist and watch him unravel beneath my fingertips.

I took a step back before I lost my mind. "How was your night, Hendrix?"

I could almost see his disappointment behind the mask of indifference he put on. "Fine."