xxxvi.

thirty-six italy

It was barely even a week after Rowen told me he planned a trip to Italy before we were on his private jet, flying halfway across the world

Elian had been the slightest bit mad when he told him the news, but we told him to suck it up and that we both deserved a break. He eventually rolled his eyes and brushed us off, but called me later and told me to have fun on my trip.

Rowen's jet was beautiful on the inside. I never thought of buying my own jet - I just flew first class whenever I traveled. However, Rowen's jet made me want to get my own.

It was large, able to seat around fifteen people. Recliner chairs were paired together in front of desks, and there were even loveseats and couches against the sides of the jet. Square windows lined the walls and iridescent lights littered the ceiling.

I let my hand drag along the cushioned seats, reveling in the luxury. It had been so long since I'd flown, but god, I missed it now.

Rowen flashed me his panty-dropping smile when I glanced at him, lounging back in a chair. He'd already gotten his hands on a dark, red wine and was spinning the liquid in the glass. "Is it to your liking?"

I chuckled. Was he serious? I took a seat across from him, crossing my legs. "It'll do," I teased.

His lips curved upwards, his sign of amusement. The plane started moving and I gripped the seat, knuckles turning white as I stared out the window. The ground began moving faster beneath us, the white lines on the pavement turning into blurs.

Rowen noticed, tilting his head at me. "You good?"

I nodded, sinking my teeth into my bottom lip. "I hate this part."

He reached over, grabbing my hand and intertwining it with his. "It'll be over soon, I promise. Try to forget about it. How about we talk, about anything?"

I swallowed. "Okay. Where are we going in Italy?"

His eyes shimmered. "That's a surprise, I already told you."

"I'm going to find out soon enough." The plane began to lift off and I dug my nails into my palm, my hand fisted.

Rowen eyed my hand. He glanced at me, his eyes locking with mine. "Breathe, Al. Come here."

"The plane is moving," I hissed. He smirked at me, patting his lap. I glared at him.

"Oh, fuck's sake," he mumbled. He leaned across the seat and grabbed my wrists, pulling me to him. I stumbled into him as one of his arms snaked around my waist. He lifted me onto his lap, hands traveling to my neck, my hair. And then his lips were on mine, and I forgot about the plane, and the feeling that I was going to fall.

Because I knew he would catch me.

His mouth moved on mine and every thought left my head. He pulled away, for a breath, mumbling, "God, I want to kiss you until I can't breathe, Alaska."