xxxi.

thirty-one love in liquid form

Being in love was the most horrible, wonderful thing

I couldn't go a second without a thought of her. She was my oxygen, my air, my lungs, my heart. She was everything that kept me alive.

And being near her... it was like my heart exploded.

The feel of her skin on mine sent flames burning into me, everywhere. Atom-sized bombs were dropped into every square inch of my skin that met hers. And the pain felt so damn good.

Seeing her above me, tilting her head back with her eyes closed sent me over the edge.

The taste of her on my lips - it was love in liquid form.

I didn't think being in love could be like this. So utterly transforming.

I wished, all at once, that I could take back my youthful years. Everything that I had done to her in the past, everything I had said. She didn't deserve it.

And I didn't deserve her.

I didn't deserve her in all her beauty. Her smiles, her laugh, her voice. The way her lips moved when she she spoke, the way her eyes studied my face, the way she said my name. All I ever did was hurt her, and yet here she is. With me.

After she took a shower, I continued the tour of the house. I showed her each room. And when we got to the last one, I bent down and whispered in her ear, "I'm going to fuck you in every single one of these rooms until all I can think about is you."

Her eyes were sharp when she turned around to face me. I just smiled down at her.

Honestly, it didn't even matter if I fucked her in every single one of these rooms, because she was already all I could think about. Since nine years ago, all that had been on my mind was her.

Shit. I was so goddamn in love with this girl.

[ • • • ]

seven years earlier

I won. Again.

Seeing her face twist in anger and hatred amused me. But her eyes - those eyes, god. I got lost in them.

She wasn't going to come to me after the award ceremony, so I approached her. "How does it feel to lose again, Cassidy?"

Her jaw twitched when she faced me. Her eyes were practically red with hate. "Get out of my sight."

"You're a sore loser." I took a step closer to her, to get her more mad. It worked. "You should learn to hide your emotions."

The anger dropped from her face. She concealed it well, I admit, but ounces of hatred still leaked through her placid expression. "I don't need a tutor."