Indoctrination

~*Flashback*~

My brother and I found ourselves standing in Lotus Pier again. We were standing there watching Fengmian talk with the Jiang's and Wei Ying about the Wen Clan Indoctrination. The conversation did not go anywhere because it was interrupted my Madam Yu. She had such a hateful glare towards Wei Ying at all times. She would even lash out at her own children for being close to Wei Ying. Fengmian told them that Jiang Wanyin had to attend the Indoctrination and Wei Ying offered to go with him to protect him. Madam Yu was furious that her son Wanyin had to go at all. She even spat about Wei Ying having a choice and calling him a son of a servant.

I turned to my brother, "A head disciple and subordinate is not a servant," I told him, "Why berate him like that?"

"I am not sure," He said, "I did not know just how harsh Madam Yu's words are towards Wuxian. He does not deserve to be treated that way, and Fengmian is to much of a coward to stand up for him, and even lets her berate her own children for being close to Wuxian. He doesn't even praise his children enough, but makes sure Wuxian gets enough praise to counter the bullying from Madam Yu."

"This family really needs to sit down and talk," I told him, "I feel like we should some how convince Clan Leader Jiang and Madam Yu to sit and work things out because it is obvious it is affecting their children too much."

"I have to agree with you," Brother said, "maybe we can find an excuse to come to Lotus Pier or meet up with the pair to help them sort things out."

"We can tell them the rumors are getting to much out of hand, that the abuse about Wei Ying and the so called affair Fengmian had with his mother," I suggested.

"That could work," Brother said in agreement.

For the moment we had to let it be. Time moved forward and we were now in Qishan at the Wen Clan indoctrination. I knew we were getting closer to the massacre of Lotus Pier and I was not looking forward to seeing that. I know how badly it had hurt Wei Ying but I don't know everything that had happened, and I was scared to find out. We made our way to the front to see Wei Ying and Jiang Wanyin standing there waiting for something to happen. I had not arrived yet but I know I was coming.

"Gusu Lan Clan has arrived!" a wen disciple shouted.

We turned only to see myself limping.

"Wangji, what happened to your leg?" Xiongzhang asked.

"During the attack at Cloud Recesses, in order to protect some disciples from getting killed, I left the safety of the Cold Cave. Wen Xu demanded I hand over the Yin Iron but I refused. The next thing that happened was, one of the Wen's broke my leg and the Yin Iron fell from my robes. They took it and dragged me here," I explained.

"Your leg is broken, and they are forcing you to walk!" Xiongzhang was not happy. I could only nod.

Wen Chao had everyone stand silently and listen to his orders. Handing over our swords, and then having to read and recite the Quintessence of the Wen Clan. What was going to happen soon, I remembered quite well. I did not react then but I wanted to. It was the following day and Wen Chao asked for volunteers first to recite everything.

"Lan Wangji, Jin Zixuan, Wei Wuxian," Wen Chao called out, "Since no one wants to voluteer, one of you can go first."

"I can not!" I said confidently.

Wen Chao was a bit annoyed saying that I should remember as I was one of the notorious and prominent Twin Jades. I only ignored him.

"I can not either!" Jin Zixuan also said with confidence.