A Demise and A Surprise

Wen Chao eventually had a disciple find the cave. Once he found it, we were following him inside. I was curious to see how he would react to see a dead Xuanwu and no Yin piece. I kept Wei Ying close this time so Wen Chao won't get the idea of throwing him down again.

We walked to the area where Xuanwu was and Wen Chao went ballistic. He turned to Wei Ying and me knowing we were the ones who killed it. As he knew from Su She.

"Where is it?!" He barked.

"Destroyed," Wei Ying answered, "along with the others. Don't worry, the one your father has should be enough right?"

"Wen Zhuliu, kill these two!" He ordered. With a smile, I tossed Suibian to Wei Ying and Bichen was in mine, "how?"

"We gave you fake swords," I answered as Wei Ying and I unsheathed our swords.

A fight broke out and other disciples grabbed either a sword from a dead Wen or they used a dagger they carried. With no delays this time, Wei Ying again grabbed Wen Chao and sliced his throat with his sword.

"Wen Chao!" Wang Lingjiao screamed furiously.

Wei Ying soon had Chenqing in hand and played the song where it caused vines to grow and drain spiritual energy, going only for the Wens. Everyone was shocked at Chenqing's abilities...but it wasn't just Chenqing, it was Wei Ying as well.

Once drained of energy and captive, I handed a flare to a disciple and they exited the cave to fire it for assistance. Lan, Nie, and Jiang disciples, appeared...no Jin disciples.

Xiongzhang entered the cave with a smile on his face, "how are things?" He asked me as he approached.

"Wonderful," I answered and watched Wei Ying approach Wen Zhuliu.

"You are scum!" He yelled, "ripping cultivators of their cores."

"Wei Ying," I called to him. He turned to me and I spoke, "we can give him a taste of his own medicine later with the core ripper."

Wei Ying smiled and turned to Jin Zixuan, "where is your clan?" He asked.

"I don't know, father should have sent some," he shrugged.

"He has close ties to the Wen Clan, so it only makes sense that he didn't send anyone," Xiongzhang said in response.

"Let's go, I'm tired of this cave," I said.

"Really? No injuries this time?" Wei Ying asked teasingly, "no need for me to make you uncomfortable somehow and make you spit out stale blood?"

My face turned warm, "shameless!" I told him and left the cave.

He could only laugh, and followed me out. Once outside the cave I noticed the clarity bell on my brothers waist, "Xiongzhang?" I called.

"Wangji?" He questioned turning to me.

I pointed to the bell, "have you decided?"

"For your information, I have," he answered confidently, "looks like I'm marrying before you."

I was shocked but happy and looked at Wei Ying, "did I hear you correctly just now?" He asked.

"You did, we arranged it after the attack at Sunshot," Xiongzhang answered, "she will be a Lan just like you A'Xian."

"So, Yunmeng is now overrun by Lans," Jiang Wanyin said, "why me?" He grumbled as he stormed off.

"He may be the downside to it but it's something that we can work around," Xiongzhang said.

"So where are we taking the Wen's and where are we headed?" I asked.

"Qinghe, we have a camp set up for others nearby as well. Are you both tired or can you fly?" My brother said.

"We can fly," We said together and traveled north to Qinghe.

* * * * *

"Da Ge, we brought guests and prisoners," Xiongzhang said as we entered Nie's domain. Wei Ying and I greeted Sect Leader Nie, also known as Chifeng-Zun, with a bow.

"Wangji, Wuxian,"  Chifeng-Zun greeted, "good to see you both." Chifeng-Zun looked at Wei Ying, "those robes look nice. Are they Cloud Recess robes?"

"They are," Xiongzhang said, "they are more custom to A'Xian's taste and style."

"They look good," he said, "I also heard he is a good fighter."

"I will do want I can to help," Wei Ying said happily.

"Good, though it is one Yin Iron fragment, one can be enough to do a good amount of damage," Chifeng-Zun told us, "there are a lot of puppets gathered around his palace so it will be a bit more difficult to fight, since most of them are not dead yet."

"I might be able to counter them," Wei Ying said holding Chenqing, "I can use the vine trick on the puppets. It should draw out the resentment and free them from the Yin Iron."

"It won't effect you will it? The resentment, I mean?" Chifeng-Zun asked.

"It shouldn't," Wei Ying answered, "there is also a cleansing method I can try so the puppets that are alive will be okay."

"We have seen him play and the ability works," Xiongzhang said, "if he can distract the puppets enough, we can get to Ruohan."

"The thing is, it will drain me a lot of energy so I would need to meditate for a few days before and after to gain and regain strength," Wei Ying said, "also, while playing I am defenseless as it is."

"I will protect you," I told him, "I always will."

"If you allow me, I can too," Yanli said entering the hall, "I know you are going to worry but I am powerful enough to keep puppets away from A'Xian."

"Just promise me you will be safe," Xiongzhang told her.

"I promise I will do what I can and come back to you," she said with a warm smile.

"I can help," Nie Huaisang said, "I have been keeping up on my training."

"It will be of use for them," I said, "they can do wind cultivation which will help keep the puppets at a distance. I am sure other clans will pitch in."

"My parents will I am sure," Yanli said, "and I can speak with A'Cheng. I know his attitude is something he needs to work on."

"Good luck," Wei Ying said, "he had an attitude earlier. Talking about how Lan clan members are taking over Yunmeng."

"He will have to deal with it, our parents were happy about the proposal," She said, "I am sure they are hoping for me to watch over you."

"Why?" Wei Ying asked, "I am not a baby."

"Isn't XianXian three?" She teased.

"I am, but I am behaving," Wei Ying pouted.

"He is doing just fine," I said, "plus I am keeping him in check if he isn't."

"I'm right here," Wei Ying said.

"We know," I said.

"I better not be the reason you said yes though," Wei Ying told her.

"Of course not, I like Xichen very much," She said happily.

"I am hungry," Wei Ying complained.

"We should go eat then," I said, "Wei Ying and I haven't eaten in a while."

"Then let's go feed you," Yanli said pulling us out and to the dining hall.