Humbling- Chapter 20

Percy woke up before sunrise, like could Artemis be any more serious. He groaned as he realized he had to wake up early again. Gods he sometimes hated that women so much.

"Perseus wake up" she trudged at him impatiently

"Artemis go away, can I ever have some sleep" Percy groaned in an annoyed tone.

"Perseus I guarantee you will enjoy this, please" She asked in a desperate tone.

He never knew she had a soft side as compared to her cold and ruthless side, so he decided to not take it for granted.

"Fine" he said as he rolled up and got up. With a snap of his fingers his robes were straightened and his teeth and face was washed, he had to thank Apollo for teaching him this.

Artemis and him walked outside, and took him to a vantage point, where they watched the sun rise together, Percy had to admit it was one of the most beautiful scenery he has ever seen.

"Sometime you gotta trust what I say, I told you it was going to be amazing" Artemis said

"Kind of hard to trust someone who turned a man into a jackalope, then made his dogs eat him" Percy snarkily replied with a chuckle

Artemis slapped him at the back of his head "Why are you so stubborn"

Perseus grinned "you will have to get used to this"

They walked around the island, Artemis explaining each and everything to the inquisitive god of time. 

Percy decided to ride on a lion, Rhea's sacred animal. Artemis watched as Percy fell before falling and subsequently being trampled over it. Percy was immobile for a second, and Artemis was stricken with worry as she rushed over.

"Perseus, gods are you okay" She called out seriously worried.

Percy however remained immobile before suddenly exploding into laughter. Artemis was relieved but also mad at him for scaring her. She hit him hard but Percy continued to laugh, as Artemis eventually joined in with the laughter too.

They enjoyed themselves for a few more hours before being called in for dinner. Rhea and Leto had again cooked a meal that Artemis and Perseus could smell from miles away. Today, Theia and Tethys had joined the others, having heard of Artemis and Percy's visit.

Percy paled at the site of more titanesses, especially Tethys who was the wife of his dad's counterpart, Oceanus, but he quickly found out like the rest of her sisters and nieces, she also meant no harm.

It took time for Percy to warm up for them, afterall Percy did battle all their husbands and held a vendetta against them. 

They shared many secrets and helped Percy with his transition to godhood. It could be estimated that right now Percy was at around 50% of the power he should be at. It was terrifying as he was already very powerful and he had only reached 50% of potential.

The former demigod quickly realized how lucky Olympus was for these titanesses to not be vengeful and join their family in the second in titan war, although they were peaceful, they possessed a ton of power, rivalling the most powerful gods in the council. 

It reminded him of his patron Hestia, she could go toe to toe with any god on the council, but her personality made it reluctant to even hit a fly.

The titans training was also ruthless, but Percy had to appreciate it, even Artemis decided to join in and help train him. This went on for a month until they both reluctantely decided to return. Not before Percy was blessed by all of them, and both promised to return.

Selene gave him the ability to be able to see in the dark, and be more powerful in the presence of the moon.

Tethys enhanced Percy's ability to call upon fresh water, and helped him develop and improve his control over tides.

Theia gave him the ability to bask in shadows, as well as powers similar to Hazel, detecting gems and gold. She also enhanced Riptide, finding some of the rarest and most powerful metals available.

Rhea had given Percy extensive training on finding peace in his mind, as well as controlling anger and rage, as well as greed and lust, something she believed was the downfall of many initially good natured gods and heroes. 

While on the way there, Artemis and Percy decided to spar without powers.

Percy got out riptide, now more powerful with all the metals Hephaestus gave him as well as all the blessing he received.

Artemis brought out her two hunting knives.

The fight began. Percy quickly realized how skilled and fast Artemis was. Quickly she sharged at him and threw heavy strikes, something which Percy could only keep up with due to his overload in recent training.

Artemis jabbed, slashed and hacked, but Percy was starting to finding his own, ducking weaving, flipping parrying and sidestepping.

However Artemis relented, constantly keeping the pressure, before long, she found an opening, and fainted at his legs, before she quickly made a gash in Percy's chest.

Percy felt the pain, but could not let it show.

Artemis sensing blood continued to up the pressure, until Percy found an opening and slashed at her legs, making a gash in her thigh. Artemis stumbled but quickly regained her composure, as if nothing happened. 

Percy started the counterattack this time, with incredible speed and agility, his sword moved at inhumane speeds, an outsider would think he was a blur, however Artemis was unfazed, blocking out everything, until Percy became greedy and went for an overhand strike.

Artemis grinned before rolling behind in a flash and sticking her knife into Percy's gut. The new turned god stumbled, before Artemis kicked him in the chest, and subsequently being on top of him with both her knives right at his throat.

"You have improved a lot I have to say, but you still have a ways to go before you can challenge the powerful gods, yield?" 

Percy grunted in pain, looking at his bleeding gut, and tried to get up, but begrudgingly agreed.

Artemis kneeled and gave him a square of Ambrosia, which helped Percy quickly heal. Together they set up a camp and called it a night.

Percy might have beaten Ares due to his brashness, but still came up short against a much more skilled and poised warrior in Artemis. He was not kicking himself for it, but he still needed alot of training to get to Olympian level power.