Chapter 39

Ber p.o.v

He's gone. That was all I could wrap my mind around, Peter Pan had breathed his last. Rumbling drowned out the noises of the island, Neverland was falling apart at the seams now that it's protector had slipped away.

"Save Henry. I love you Ber, never forget that"

"I will always remember you, Petey. Always." Felix called my name over the howling winds, telling me that we needed to leave. I stood and run for the Pixie Dust Tree, clawing at the bark in a wild fury. I reached the center and slice through the final barrier that held Henry in a shrouded sleep.

"Beryl? Is that you?" He mumbled, eyes partially open and glazed over.

"Yeah, it's me Henry but we need to go. I'm taking you home." He nodded and I changed into my Dragon form, picked him gently up, and flew for the separation between earth and Neverland. We burst through and I land at the city line to Storybrooke. He ran across but not before he hugged my leg fiercely.

I flew back through, Shadow was gone so nobody stopped me. Just another reminder that Petey was dead. I halt when I notice the turmoil the island was going through, the ocean had become red and flowed onto the island, like it wanted to sink it like the lost city Atlantis. I dropped onto the black dirt among slowly dying vegetation at camp.

Felix ran up, telling me that most of the Boys had already faded away, going back to their homes in their appointed time frames. The only ones left were Bae, Felix, Davy Jones, and Riley. Dad appeared, confused and concerned. An idea came to me, something no Dragon has ever dared do. But it could work.

"Dad, I have an idea!" He stooped down to me, his dragon form being larger than mine, and I told him quiet enough that only he could hear.

"That might work, but I impose upon you to use extreme caution. You could die as well instead of save him." I nodded and shifted down before racing into the woods to where Petey was laying. The trunks of the surrounding trees were bent to near impossible angles because of the winds and the blood red sea was threatening to take me into the waves.

I grabbed him softly and flew to my solitary cave in the mountain. The winds made the flying harder but I made it. Setting Petey on the rock, I changed into my Dragon self. I shifted and lifted the scale that protected my heart. Using a sharp claw, I did the deed and shifted back down, hoping it had worked. He didn't move an inch and the thought that I had failed filled my mind. I buried my head into my knees in tears.

"Ow, for the love of- "I snapped my head up to see him, alive and breathing again. The island calmed down as slow as he opened his eyes. He held a hand to his scarred chest, rubbing in small circles.

"Why does my heart hurt?" I couldn't answer, I was too choked my tears to say a word. I simply leaned forward and kissed him sweetly. He pressed back and gently cupped my cheek. "I should do this more often then, if this is what happens." He remarked when we parted, drawing a laugh from my lips.

"You don't have to die for that."

"But I would, Ber." He rubbed his scar again, looked down at it, and rubbed it again. "Why do I have a scar? Why does my heart hurt?" I kissed him again.

"Correction: our heart hurts."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's been nearly two years since I saved Petey. All the Boys had returned shortly after Petey came back. I step out of our tent, scanning the camp for him. I found them, he was held by his devilishly handsome father as he talked to Felix.

He hasn't quite mastered the art of complete transformation, so his white, scaly tail wrapped up his father's arm to his elbow and his white- nearly translucent- wings would randomly raise up and create a curtain between the two. He'd also sneeze small bursts of bright blue fire. With his father's powers and mine, he was quite a powerful thing.

He was wildly fascinated with my tales and his grandfather's about earth, always paying rapt attention to our stories, even with Petey playing his pan flute he was utterly captivated. Always told us how he would visit one day. His life is destined to be a spectacular occasion to unfold.

He was Elias Peter Ren, the first child to ever be born on Neverland.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will be posting the sequel soon!!! It's called Down to Earth!!