21. Memory pt1

TW: Mentions of abuse, alcohol, and smoking( if you don't want to read this chapter you don't have too)

=•°=•°=•°=•°=•°=•°=•°=•°=•°=•°=•°=•°=•°=•°=

"mmm~" was the sound that came out of your mouth seeing Daryl on top kissing you.

You put your hearing aids on and feeling Daryl's lips on your neck. "Well good morning to you too" "Mmm, morni'n sunshine" his deep southern accent vibrating through your skin.

You switched positions, now you on top straddling his hips. "Does this seem familiar?" you said laughing placing your hands on his chest lightly.

"Ugggh don't remind me, that shit was embarrassing" he rubbed his eyes, then sitting up wrapping his arms around holding you.

You placed a kiss on top of his head, wrapping your arms around him enjoying the moment. Holding Daryl was like being on cloud nine for you, you felt safe, cared for, you felt like you were important, and you want him to feel that way too.

You pulled away from the hug and placed your hands on the sides of his face. "You know I care about you right. I'll always be here when you need me, okay", smiling at him was almost enough for him to say the three words.

"I'll always be'er for ya too. I'm being real honest I really care bout you, your strong, caring, beautiful, selfless, but other than that I like you for you."

You could only stare into his eyes taking in everything he'd said to you to heart. Quickly pulling him in holding him smiling and laughing almost wanting to cry. No one has every made you feel like this before, and you were greatful that you met Daryl.

Both of you decided to head over to the prison where everyone else was at seeing they were eating breakfast.

"Morning y/n, Daryl, oh my goodness y/n did you cut your hair" Maggie said being the first one to spot us.

"Yeah I did just a little"

"Well it looks really nice."

"Thank you"

Beth had made oatmeal putting some berries or whatever she could find for it to have more flavor. You grabbed a bowl for you and sat with Carl, Daryl followed later.

"Hey y/n how'd you sleep"

"I slept good, but man it was an eventful day yesterday huh"

"Yeah it was but hey at least we have a home right. And I'm sure Dale would be proud of you.. of all of us."

You paused mid bite hearing what Carl said, Daryl stared at the table waiting.

You placed the spoon back and smiled "yeah he would have" "I'm sorry y/n I don't mean-" "It's okay Carl" you took his hat off and rubbed his head going back to eating.

After finishing your breakfast you decided to go on a small, quick run to see if there is anything you can find.

"Hey Rick"

"Yeah"

"I'm going on a run shouldn't be too long"

"Okay well at least take someone with you not takin any chances."

"Yeah okay"

You saw Rosco laying out in the grass enjoying the sun which made you laugh, so you decided to let him be.

Getting up to the guard tower to get your bow and knife making sure you had everything with you, you went back down to ask if anyone wanted to join.

Of course Daryl wanted to come with you, and so did Maggie. "Hey is it okay if I join you two?"