58. Games pt 2

Daryl drops the glass, making it scatter on the floor while he undoes the zipper of his pants.

"Daryl we have to be quiet." Beth whisper yells.

"Can't hear ya I'm takin a piss!" He yells back at her not caring anymore. "What are you my chaperone now."

Beth stays quiet looking away from him while he still pisses on the floor. "Oh wait it's ma turn now." He zips up his pants adjusting his belt.

"I've never, eating frozen yogurt. Neve had a pet pony. Never got nothin from Santa clause." Knocking a chair over, Beth flinches at the sudden action.

"Never relied on anyone for protection before." Daryl was raising his voice by every sentence, knocking things over. "Hell I don't think I've ever had to rely on anyone for anything."

"Daryl." But it was only a whisper, and that gif him even more pissed off. "Never sung out in front a big group out in public like it some game!"

"Sure as hell never had to cut ma wrist looking for attention!"

"Never wanted to play ya stupid game to drink. Cause it remind y/n of her family, the smell, what it did to them. What they did to her!" He throws another glass at the wall.

"Aw looks like he calling more of his buddies." Kicking a pan, picking up his crossbow.

"Daryl just shut up."
"Hey you said you never shot a crossbow before. Imma tech ya right now." He grabs her arm dragging her out the front, but she was scared now. Scared that you weren't here to stop him.

"Daryl cut it out! Daryl!"

"Dumbass, come ere' dumbass."

Daryl shoots the walker into the tree, he takes Beth in front of him putting the crossbow in her hands.

"Let's practice later." She struggles against him in fear. He shoots it again in the knee, he lets go to reload it.

"Nah, com on its fun"

His mind was clouded, vision red, he wasn't mentally there. All this anger and aggression was flowing out of him, Beth didn't deserve it but he didn't care.

Then Beth decided to put the walker down before Daryl could take out the arrows holding the walker in place. "What the hell I thought we were having fun!"

"No, you were being a jackass. If anyone found my dad, or if y-."

"Don't! That ain't remotely the same." He didn't want to hear your name because if he did he wouldn't be able to hold back his true feelings.

"Killing them is not supposed to be fun." Beth seethed out trying to get him to stop, but failed.

"What do ya want from me girl huh?" Before she could say anything he yells again."

"Huh? Ya got some'n to say!"

"You need to stop thinking you don't give a crap about anything. If y/n was here seeing you act like this-."

"Stop talking about her like she's still here! She prolly dead now and our baby!"

"Stop thinking that she is and your baby. Like everyone else is dead, it's bullshit."

"Is that what ya think."
"It's what I know."

Daryl was fuming not wanting to deal with all this bullshit anymore. "It's what I know. And I know you look at me like I'm just another dead girl." Now Beth was the one shouting at him.

"I'm not like Maggie, Michonne, Carol or y/n. And you don't get to treat me like that cause you're afraid."

"I ain't afraid of nothin. You lost two boyfriend's and didn't even shed a tear. Hell I didn't even get to propose to her! I ain't never gonna see her or our baby again!" Beth's eyes widened again at the mention of Daryl proposing to you.

"Everyone we know is probably dead, you ain't never gonna see Maggie again! Your whole family dead!"

"Daryl stop." She goes to take his arm, but he seats it away turning away from him. "The governor rolled right up to our gates. Wanted to kill him for what he did to y/n." Tears started going down his face and his voice was cracking with every word.

"I didn't.... I don't get to propose to her. I didn't get to propose to her." His tone was soft, all the feelings he so desperately suppressed are now out, taking control of him.

Beth hugs him from behind, he flinched but doesn't push her away and let's the tears roll down.

"I miss her too."
~
After all the heartfelt words they both go inside. It was now dark, Beth was a little drunk looking out from the porch, Daryl across from her playing with his knife.

"I get why my dad stopped drinkin." She softly giggles to herself. "Ya sick?"

"No, I just wish I could feel like this all the time."

He too wished he could feel like that all that time, but he made a promise to you. He missed your laugh, he missed when you would teach him a new sign and when he didn't get it right you would smack his hands down making a face.

He loved the way you made him feel. Made him feel important, feel like an actual person and not just what his brother wanted him to be.

~
The next day Daryl and Beth had found a small white yet beautiful place. There were gravestones surrounding the small building, Daryl kicks open the door aiming his crossbow for any walkers, but there was none.

They searched around the place, it was clean to the touch, smelled fresh and not dead like they were used to.

Walking into the kitchen Daryl opens up the cabinet to find all sorts of food. "Ya find anything?" Beth was behind him holding her knife, "Sodas, grape jelly, peanut butter, and pigs feet." He grabs the jelly but stops himself.

"Wait a second. They ain't a speck of dust on this?" It felt weird to him that the place was clean, but if you were there with him you'd take advantage of the stocked food and place.

He decided to let it go and take some of the food, Beth did the same but let some just in case the person who put it there came back.

"Soo, how did you wanna propose to y/n?" Beth sits down opening a bag of chips, swinging her feet in anticipation.

Daryl just shakes his head and sits down with her, the food scattering across the table but he didn't care. "After she got better form the sickness, or after the baby was born. I don know, but I just know for sure she the one."

Beth smiles at how open Daryl has been, ever since his group came to the farm when Carl was shot he was the only person who was different with you.

"I remember when she was doing my hair one day, I asked her if y'all two were ever going to get married. And she said that it didn't matter if she did or didn't, she just wants to be happy with someone, to share her goals, her life. She wanted you though, and I know for sure when we find her and everyone else, you'll get to."

Taking a gob of peanut butter, Daryl nods his head and a spark a small spark lights up in him, determined to find you.
=================================