40. Box

After Rick announced that y'all were going to war with the governor you and Daryl went up into y'all's shared cell.

"So we going to war now." You said under your breath.

"Yeah, Rick said to us that the governor gave'em two days." Daryl told you sitting on the bunk bed. You sat next to him holding his hand.

"I know that we'll win. I'm not gonna give up this home." You smiled leaning on his shoulder, then deciding to lay down.

"Oh I almost forgot." You quickly sit up getting the box from underneath the bed placing it in your lap. Daryl turns on his side, elbow proping up his head.

"What is it."

"Well while you guys were out me and Carol went on a quick run." You started feeling nervous all of a sudden.

Daryl decided to sit up looking back and forth between you and the box in your lap. "And I got two pregnancy tests." Lifting the box a little showing his they were inside.

"And were they umm.."

"I waited till you got back. If I'm being honest I- umm just I'm really nervous you know."

Daryl takes a hold of your hand caressing it, then kisses it. "I'm also nervous, alot of things can go wrong, but for once I think this is some'in good that we need."

"What if I can't have a baby, what if -"

"Stop stop. Don't say that, I believe we can, you can. Now listen to me." He places his hand on your cheek.

"When we have this baby, I don't care if he or she is deaf, as long as I get to have a family with ya." Small tears roll down your face, and Daryl places you in his lap kissing the side of your head.

"Alright moment of truth."

Reaching into the box taking the first one. Flipping it over to see the answer.

+Positive

Letting out a breathe you were holding and Daryl's eyes widened just a bit.

"Can I?" He asks taking out the second one. You nod your head getting even more nervous. He flips it over.

+Positive

Daryl smiles letting go of the stick holding you closer to him. He had tears going down his face very happy that he was going to be a father, and start a small family with you.

"We did it." You whispered having tears in your eyes. Daryl gives you a nice long kiss wiping the happy tears away.

"When do ya wanna tell em?"

"After all this, Carol kinda already knows.. and Merle."

"Merle?"

"Yeah saw me with the box and asked if he was gonna be an uncle. I said I don't know yet. Till now"

Daryl just nods his head still holding you. He was also scared, scared you'd end up like Lori, scared that maybe he wouldn't be a good father, but he didn't want that to cloud his mind, he was gonna be better than his father.

After the small little celebration you and Daryl go down with the others to prepare for war with the governor.

Setting up the guns in different areas of the prison and which ways to hit them first.

What you noticed was the lack of a connection with Rick and his son. To you it was just them two plus Judith as a whole family, a single father now raising his two children by himself.

You were going to talk to Carl, and Rick to get them back as a close family again, even if Lori was gone.

~

Rosco kept trying jumping on you but you don't let him by snapping your fingers at him.

After halfway setting up preparations for the governor you decided to go talk to Carl.

"Hey Carl." You call to him after putting Judith to sleep. "Yes."

"Come with me." With a smile motioning your head to go outside.

Once outside looking out into the walker infested field that was once clear, and peaceful.

Y'all sat on top of the run down bleachers. "Soo why are we out here?"

"I wanted to hang out with you, and talk to you."

"About what?"

"I just wanna know how you're doing, I know that all of this isn't easy, expecially at your age."

"Well yeah I guess, I don't know."

"Well it's just me and you. We don't have to talk but if you want I'm here right now." You place your hand on his shoulder. Carl did want to talk, but he didn't know who to talk to. He couldn't talk to his dad because he was soo busy, can't really talk to Maggie, Beth, or Hershal.

But he did want to talk to you, he could see something was wrong with you still, and he knew that you could also see what was wrong with him.

"I feel like I could have done more to help my mom." He started, fiddling with his hands. "She didn't deserve to die like that, she also didn't deserve how I treated her."

"It's not your fault, we wouldn't have known."

"Yeah but still.." he looks down at the ground, and then at the walkers.

"And I feel like I can't say anything to my dad, it's like he's not there anymore."

"He's lost, in his mind still. I think we're all lost in our own minds some how. He loves you Carl, he really does."

He lets out a huff, "tch really he loves me."

"Yes he does, it might not seem that way but believe me he loves you and your sister. He wouldn't be doing all this if he didn't. He needs you, and you need him."

Carl thinks about what you just said, he didn't know if you were just making him feel better, or actually saying the truth.

"Just trust me, after all this is done. He'd want to spend time with you." You said smiling at Carl and then getting up to go back inside.

Night time rolled in pretty fast, and same nights as any night everyone gathered in the cafeteria eating, thinking, and praying.

You and Daryl were the first ones to turn in for the night, you left Rosco to Rick who was going to keep watch.

As you were changing into your comfy clothes you caught Daryl staring at you, more specifically your stomach.

"Hey ojos up here." You playfully snapped your fingers into his face directing them towards your face.

"M'sorry just.. can't believe imma be a dad." You could see the worry in Daryl's eyes. You go standing Infront of him, lifting his chin up to look at you.

"You are going to be a great father, how you were with Judith, that's what a good father looks like. I love you mi amor." You give him a sweet kiss finished changing into your comfy clothes getting ready for bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright that is the end of this chapter sorry if it took so long bruh 💀 and sorry if it ain't that long as the others but don't worry I'll post more 💀😂.

Anyways hope you have an amazing day love you and don't forget to comment and vote 🤟🏼❤️